Anyone had the IWILL KK266?

Supchaka

Limp Gawd
I still have this board, with a Tbird 1.2. Their site says it will support from 700-1.4ghz "and higher" LOL well whats the higher? Just curious if anyones had an XP in one of these boards, or the highest speed you had.

Ok I just checked my BIOS, My multiplier goes to 14. Which would be 1862mhz... It's 266fsb and I can do 1.65v.

So the XP2200+ comes in at 1.8ghz... Wouldnt ya think I could run that? :D

Heh maybe answering my own questions here... the Tbird is .18 micron and the thorobreds are .13 Is that a no no?

I didn't get the chance to try an Athlon XP in my KK266-R, but I overclocked my 1.4 GHz Athlon to "higher," which was 1.7 GHz. If you really want to try an XP in this board, email Iwill, check Iwill's BIOS page for the KK266 board family, or search AMDMB.com.

Well I found this off a link of a link of a link....

Test System

AMD Athlon XP 1700+ at 1466MHz (11X133) and 1595 (11X145)
Iwill KK266
256MB Mushkin Rev3+ High Performance PC133 SDRAM
Inno3D Tornado GeForce3 Ti 200 64MB (175/366)
Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! Value
Promise Ultra66 PCI IDE Controller
D-Link DFE-538TX 10/100Mbps Ethernet Adapter Card
IBM Deskstar 22GXP 18GB 7200RPM ATA66 HDD
HEC 400LD-T 400Watt Power Supply
Lian-Li PC-05 Aluminum Case

So theres an XP processor, and its over 1.4ghz now I just need to see how far I can go... more research! The KK266plus and 266R show support for xp1900+. they all have identical chipset, north/south bridge... thats gotta be the ticket!

I'm fairly certain you cannot use thoroughbred's on that board ( at full speed ). It's the same chipset as my board ( I think. heh )

You can run a palomino full tilt, but you will not be able to use the higher bus speed of the thoroughbred.

Yeah, if it is a pally, it will usually work... I had mine running up to a 1900+. Tbred is a no go, and some of the really high Pallys won't go either. Apparently I was one of the few to get the 1900+ running on my KK266 (non-plus)

I'm running a 1700+ in a KK266+ as my BF1942 server. Works fine, overclocked to 1.6ghz

NewEgg still has Pally .18 core XP1900+ for $57.00 and Pally .18 AGOGA cored XP1900+ for $59.00

Regards, Szandor

Kinda late, but I'm gonna stick my 2 cents in here.

I had a KK-226-R. The Paly's are the last CPU that this board will run. For me to get it to run with an XP2000 paly, I had to move the VIO jumper to +10%. After this, the system was rock solid. Passed Memtest with a 2day run. Before I moved the jumper, I got system hangs and couldn't pass Memtest. So if you find your having problems getting stable try moving the jumper.

Another thing was the system would not cold boot without a reset after turning the power on, but that is no big deal.

As for OCing, before the XP2000, I had a 1.33TB that was unlocked. The KK-266-R would OC it to 1.53GHz with less than default voltage. Kinda cool since I bought all my stuff right when the 1.33TB came out...I had one of the fastest PCs on Earth :) . The XP2000+ is locked, but still I couldn't get more than a 100mhz out of it with FSB OCing. Same goes for when I stuck it into my current board.

In my opinion, if you can afford the cost, I would go with a new board, RAM and CPU. The old PC133 or PC100 RAM is gonna choke a faster CPU, but if you could get one for under $40, it could be worth it.

Im looking at a 2100+ Palomino on EBay, I was looking at newegg and they were all tbreds not palys. Is/was there a 2100 paly?

I couldnt get an xp1700+ to work on my sis' iwill mobo

would lock up randomly

Originally posted by ThreeDee
I couldnt get an xp1700+ to work on my sis' iwill mobo

would lock up randomly
Yep, same thing here untill I uppped the VIO 10%.

If I remember correctly from when I was searching for info on this, the plus series of the KK266 boards had better compatibility than the non plus series for getting the Paly to work.

Iwill tech supoport was most helpful in their response to my email.

"The motherboard max support is 1.4tbird"

No lack for words there!

Go search their forums. It's iffy and it's based on revision number, but people have gotten it to work.

Back