Anyone had any experience with Arctic Cooler Silencer 64 ULTRA?

If you won't be overclocking, for $10 more than standard price, buy the retail Athlon 64, which has a 3-year warranty and includes a heatsink/fan. I bought mine from ZipZoomFly. I'll probably get an aftermarket cooler down the road, but I'm on a budget and most of it went to a new mainboard/cpu/graphics card/RAM right now.

I dont know, looks like it would restrict airflow one way or another....

darktiger said:
I dont know, looks like it would restrict airflow one way or another....
Actually, its design enhances airflow, because with the top-mout fan, there should be little to no "dead spot" when cooling the heatsink.

LoneWolf said:
Actually, its design enhances airflow, because with the top-mout fan, there should be little to no "dead spot" when cooling the heatsink.
thats a good point but i still think thats a bogus cheap ass HSF, i think the stock oen would be much better.

thevampirelord66 said:
thats a good point but i still think thats a bogus cheap ass HSF, i think the stock oen would be much better.

I have the stock heatsink. I think the Arctic Cooling would do slightly better, but not a whole lot. The fan is beefier; the heatsink design looks about the same as the OEM.

LoneWolf said:
If you won't be overclocking, for $10 more than standard price, buy the retail Athlon 64, which has a 3-year warranty and includes a heatsink/fan. I bought mine from ZipZoomFly. I'll probably get an aftermarket cooler down the road, but I'm on a budget and most of it went to a new mainboard/cpu/graphics card/RAM right now.

well I got a cpu/mobo combo deal at tigerdirect, and it comes with an OEM cpu.

Back