Anyone got a large file with unlimited bandwidth to download from?

Omegaslast

Limp Gawd
I need a large file that has unlimited bandwidth so i can test my download speed. I know theres tests on dsl reports but i never reach those speeds and i dont know why.

You could also try a Linux distribution via BitTorrent--these always max out my available bandwidth.

just download a service pack from microsoft.com

cool it download it at 370KB when ive downloaded 5+ things in the past week that went at 800kbs

everyone who recommend speed sites didnt read the original post (its one whole sentence), they say i should be getting 22 mbits (yes 2800 kilobytes) download, i never pass 800KB, on downloads that my friends download from at 2000KB on college connections

can seriously no one give me an unlimited bandwidth download??? :confused:

First, bandwidth is limited. 2.8MB/s is a tall order for any public web server. Seriously, no one can give you an unlimited bandwidth download ;)

Second, did you try BitTorrent/Linux ISO? I strongly suspect you'll find that it saturates your connection. It may take a moment to ramp up to full speed, but I suspect you'll find it quite fast after that.

Third, what's the point of the exercise? The speed test indicates you have a very fast connection, but you're concerned because no websites actually allow you to download at those rates? I'm puzzled at what you're trying to accomplish. The unfortunate fact is that most public websites don't have that kind of bandwidth available, which is why you're seeing slower speeds than what the speed tests report.

cool it download it at 370KB when ive downloaded 5+ things in the past week that went at 800kbs

everyone who recommend speed sites didnt read the original post (its one whole sentence), they say i should be getting 22 mbits (yes 2800 kilobytes) download, i never pass 800KB, on downloads that my friends download from at 2000KB on college connections

can seriously no one give me an unlimited bandwidth download??? :confused:

I have 500MB+ .rar file of Punkbuster screenshots on my dedicated gameserver hosted at The Planet with 100mbit connection. It taps my 10mbit cable internet to the max when I download it.

You can rent your own server just like it here: www.theplanet.com

And, yes I read your original post.

Back