Anyone getting wrist/finger pain from Deathadder?

A15G

Supreme [H]ardness
Recently experienced wrist pain and finger pain after gaming with my deathadder. I switched back to a generic logitech mouse and the pain went away.

This sucks since I liked how the deathadder felt in my hands, but if it's giving me pains it's gotta go.

Anyone else have this issue?

I looked into gaming mice and settled on Deathadder Black Edition --- I did a lot of reading and heard that Deathadder side buttons break easily, but I ordered this because it was on sale and Deathadder has the #1 sales rank in the "gaming mice" category on amazon --- was also hoping that the Black edition had the side button problem situated.

I finally got it today and I pretty much agree --- it just doesn't contour to the shape of my hand as much as I would've hoped. To this day, I think an old Microsoft Intellimouse has been the most comfortable mouse I've used --- it died after quite a few years, but was a really nice mouse for me for playing CS.

I've used smaller mice and I don't think claw grip would work for me, so my options are limited and I may eventually have to look for an Intellimouse. I've only been using the Deathadder a couple hours so maybe I will get used to it, but I'm pretty sure it's the kind of thing that isn't for everyone.

I looked into gaming mice and settled on Deathadder Black Edition --- I did a lot of reading and heard that Deathadder side buttons break easily, but I ordered this because it was on sale and Deathadder has the #1 sales rank in the "gaming mice" category on amazon --- was also hoping that the Black edition had the side button problem situated.

I finally got it today and I pretty much agree --- it just doesn't contour to the shape of my hand as much as I would've hoped. To this day, I think an old Microsoft Intellimouse has been the most comfortable mouse I've used --- it died after quite a few years, but was a really nice mouse for me for playing CS.

I've used smaller mice and I don't think claw grip would work for me, so my options are limited and I may eventually have to look for an Intellimouse. I've only been using the Deathadder a couple hours so maybe I will get used to it, but I'm pretty sure it's the kind of thing that isn't for everyone.

The DeathAdder is basically a copy of the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, with better side buttons and scroll wheel and better sensor. I've never heard of the side buttons breaking. Maybe if you beat on them with a hammer...

It happens to me occasionally too. I really love the G500. I just prefer the sensor in the deathadder.

How do you grip the mouse?

It happens to me occasionally too. I really love the G500. I just prefer the sensor in the deathadder.

How do you grip the mouse?

With my hold hand, palm makes contact with mouse and errrthang. I think it's the arch that the mouse has on it, maybe it's to high?

I use my magic mouse and other generic mouse that isn't that big, and I have no problem with them for long periods of use.

The DeathAdder is basically a copy of the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, with better side buttons and scroll wheel and better sensor. I've never heard of the side buttons breaking. Maybe if you beat on them with a hammer...

I think I believed the thing about the side buttons based on a post from anandtech forum:

Just to let you know the death adders all suffer from the same problem, where the side mouse button breaks. This has happened to two of my mouses and all of my friends death adders. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

As for it's shape, I am seriously starting to think that I've become accustomed to fingertip grip, because after reading BababooeyHTJ's post, I kind of noticed that I always have my fingers bent (opposed to straight out, as they are with palm grip mice) while gripping my usual mouse. Still, I have to completely agree with what A15G said about the arch being high on the Deathadder, though (unless that's just me not being used to palm grip?).

Back