Anyone getting Technet renewal offers?

arcturus

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a phone message from Microsoft about renewing my Technet Direct sub for what they say is a $200 savings. Anyone else getting these? I figure this 'savings' might work out to last year's deal ... around $263.

nope, I haven't gotten anything.

but wouldn't $200 in savings be more like $149? since it's regularly $349 :confused:

As noted, the standard TechNet Plus yearly sub if $349 so, if they - whoever called you - said $200 savings, that's $349 - $200 = $149 or something damned close to it, yep.

Mine's not up for renewal till October so, we'll see what happens but, I've never known Microsoft to contact people by phone about renewals - every transaction I've ever had with them since 1993 or so has been online and contact is always through email(s).

Weird...

I got a phone message from Microsoft about renewing my Technet Direct sub for what they say is a $200 savings. Anyone else getting these? I figure this 'savings' might work out to last year's deal ... around $263.

AFAIK MS won't contact you by phone to renew your subscription.

I got calls from Microsoft practically everyday for 2 weeks to renew my subscription, telling me about how Windows 7 is around the corner. I called MS up to tell them that I had already renewed...

I used another coupon, and I think I paid 189 on the renewal.

I didn't receive a phonecall . I received a letter to renew my subscription for the same price I paid last Summer, $263.

Got my renewal notice for $249 I think. In any case, the price went down this year. Wish I could say the same about a few other things.

I don't know if I'll renew mine (mine is up next month).

I've already grabbed all the Office 2010 keys... What else does Microsoft have coming I'd need it for another year??

I don't know if I'll renew mine (mine is up next month).

I've already grabbed all the Office 2010 keys... What else does Microsoft have coming I'd need it for another year??

Beyond service packs, absolutely nothing.

Mine expires August 17 this year what happen if you let it go for a year or two and then want to renew what is there price at that point, any one go this route before and how much did you pay. The amount of software available is worth any price if you especially have 4 systems, I saved a lot of money this last year.

Mine expires August 17 this year what happen if you let it go for a year or two and then want to renew what is there price at that point, any one go this route before and how much did you pay. The amount of software available is worth any price if you especially have 4 systems, I saved a lot of money this last year.

If you let your sub lapse, you will pay the full price again.

I think I'll set my sub lapse this year, and I'm preparing for phone calls since they called me to renew last year.

If you let your sub lapse, you will pay the full price again.

I think I'll set my sub lapse this year, and I'm preparing for phone calls since they called me to renew last year.

I changed my #, emails, and moved. LOL- no notifications from anyone this past year (XM never called me either, to renew my Sat sub).

But yea, paying full price in two years is still cheaper than paying the upgrade price twice.

I think I'll let it lapse this year and pick it up again when Windows 8 rolls around.

No phone calls yet, just emails. I think I will let it lapse this year and just grab all the remaining CD keys, mine expires in July.

Back