Anyone get Vista and X-Fi to play nice?

Budwise

[H]ard|Gawd
No matter what i do i cant get the X-Fi to work in Vista. Anyone have any luck? Im on the X64 version of Vista and everything except the X-Fi works. Creative does a good job at keeping their reputation thats for sure...

Check out the creative support forums. I know there's a driver on there that will let the x-fi work with vista32, not sure about 64.

So far, my x-fi is working with a 32-bit install.

My X-Fi works fine in Vista32 as well. Must be a problem with Vista64. :rolleyes:

I got an Audigy2 ZS platinum and the driver offered by creative bites... It only allows for stereo... Not even 2.1 As in,the even the subwoofer isn't recognized and used, let alone my other 3 satelites in my 5.1 set up...

Any idea?

and this is why you keep your windows xp install and install vista on another partition..that is my plan...I got an audigy 2 zs and im getting both editions but i want the 64 bit one more but sigh..i guess ill use onboard :p im just testing it!

Lender said:
My X-Fi works fine in Vista32 as well. Must be a problem with Vista64. :rolleyes:
Did you get your speakers to work in anything other than stereo? I've been able to get the audio console, volume controls, etc...installed and working, but the only options I can get for speakers is mono and stereo.

KidzMD said:
Did you get your speakers to work in anything other than stereo? I've been able to get the audio console, volume controls, etc...installed and working, but the only options I can get for speakers is mono and stereo.

With my audigy2 zs, I can set from a drop down menu from mono up to 7.1... but It's indifference what I set it to. All sound will only come from the front two speaker in stereo style.

The on-board audio on my Lanparty Ultra-D works with the 64bit nForce driver.

There was also a driver I saw through Windows Update, but I opted to download the nVidia one and its works perfectly.

Back