Anyone get this message in Deus Ex Mankind Divided?

Q-BZ

Fully [H]
The last couple of weeks I've been on a new machine with Windows 10 and DX12 capable hardware (G-sync 4k and the works) and I've been sailing along nicely until tonight.

I am doing a New Game+ and set the game to DX12 and dialed in the settings until I was getting close to 60fps according to the in game benchmark.

That being said, I was surprised to have the game snag on me with the enclosed image.

I'll go ahead and dumb settings down a bit more if it's that simple otherwise do I need to disable DX12 or do something else? My drivers and everything are up to date.

Sorry if this is really dumb but I've never seen this before and I'm still learning some of the ropes with this new setup.

Click on image for larger and clearer read: Microsoft OneDrive 8_24_2018 9_35_24 PM.png

I'm looking over threads like these: https://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/1/355043117531133699/

Even with a 1080ti maybe ultra textures have an issue? I'll try what those guys are saying but not the registry edit. ;)

EDIT: DX 12 off and I was hitting a good 8/11 on the 1080ti's VRAM. Might be a memory leak or optimization issue never addressed with this game? (Some people say that)

Last edited:
I've never seen that error but it sounds like you're trying to run it at higher settings then what your hardware (GPU) may be capable of

I didn't know you built a new rig...what are the specs?...I remember you were having some issues with your old rig a few months back

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I've never seen that error but it sounds like you're trying to run it at higher settings then what your hardware (GPU) may be capable of

Must be at this rate although I thought I was in good shape getting near 60fps in the benchmark.

The use of VRAM during play had me at 8/11 at one point so I already disabled DX12 and that already got me past the area this messaged popped up in but I will be ready to pull back more at a moment's notice.

I didn't know you built a new rig...what are the specs?...I remember you were having some issues with your old rig a few months back

Intel i7-8770K
GTX 1080ti
32 GB RAM
All solid state
Win 10 64

It's been amazing. :)

I have a 1080Ti and have never seen that error.

That being said, Mankind Divided runs way better on Nvidia hardware in DX11 mode and looks the same so if it runs fine in DX11 i'd ignore the error.

like this
That being said, Mankind Divided runs way better on Nvidia hardware in DX11 mode and looks the same so if it runs fine in DX11 i'd ignore the error.

Rise of the Tomb Raider also runs better with DX11 and you get the VXAO setting (which is the best ambient occlusion)...doesn't seem like there are any really amazing looking DX12 only titles

like this
Did you do any virtual memory configuration(s)? Disabled, lowered, etc...because you have 32GB of mem?

Curious, have you also tried, even though you not SLI, decoding the 4GB boundary? Within your BIOS/EFI, look for a setting to map/decode 4GB boundary. With Asus, they often have it in the boot menu of the EFI and the setting is "Above 4G decoding." Just give it a try and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
like this
You right click and verify integrity of game files?

Yup. Everything is peachy so (so far) the culprit "seems" to be the DX12 being flipped on. A lot of people seemed to have that issue with the game with beefier setups than what I have so... *shrugs*. Y'all know how these things can be. ;)

If it happens again I'll pull back on some other settings if I have to.

Back