Anyone finish Alien Isolation?

LordBritish

2[H]4U
I finally quit.

I got tired of being killed by the Alien for 10,000,000,000 time.

I guess I'm not into these sort of games :)

I finished it a few months ago and, I agree, the Alien is ridiculous. I suppose you could argue that not knowing whether the Alien is about to kill you replicates the original movie's atmosphere, but it gets old after the first 30 times.

While I didn't know about this before, and struggled to finish the game - I'd encourage you to take a look here: Alien Isolation Mods. There's some retexturing and eye-candy mods but, more importantly, there's one that makes the Alien dumb as shit, enabling you to finish the game at your own leisure.

The game is worth finishing just to finish the story if that, at all, matters to you. I'm more of a story-first kind of gamer, so I rarely stop playing a game - often to my own detriment and frustration.

I finished on Hard. There were a few times where I had difficulty....but I didn't give up. The area with the general living quarters and the final areas especially...Alien was a real patrolling PITA.
Actually found an area where I had a quicksave and could torment the few hostile humans by drawing the Alien's attention to the same area....I had many laughs watching it slaughter them in random ways each time. (That alone probably helped me get through the game because it was a stress-relief.)

I beat it and thoroughly enjoyed it, but like scojer said, it did get tedious towards the end. I played on hard and enjoyed the challenge of dealing with the Alien. The AI seems unpredictable at first (and in some ways it is) but there are definitely things you can do that will attract towards your location and things you can do to make it lose you.

Finished it and loved it. on VR this game would be terrifying. I believe I heard of a VR version or demo out there or being made whatever. loved it though.

yep also finished , but will never play it again, the alien cheated way to much ........

really was pissed off last half of game because of this..

No I gave up half way through the game. I got tired of being killed.

When look into the mods. After all, I'd like to finish it.

Man I really hate when games are so difficult it ruins the experience. I couldn't even get passed the Batman Arkham night helicopter scene, so I uninstalled it.

Good thing I never got Allen.

I felt like it would be robbing myself of the experience if I didn't play on the hardest difficulty. It's supposed to be a survival horror game, and without the Alien being cranked up to 11, I don't think it would have been nearly as tense or scary. It was well worth it...it wasn't easy, and yeah, I died at least a few times in certain areas. But damn it was awesome.

One of these days I'll pick up the DLC and go through it as well.

Finished it as well a while back. I do recall it getting a bit tedious towards the end in that you needed to execute extremely limited set of steps to survive, and I recall the cutscenes getting awful frequent. I also remember it being a great game that was well worth playing through.

The dlcs are well-worth playing if you're an Alien fan, if only for the fact that they got the entire original cast back to do dialogue which is amazing -- similar to getting the entire original cast of Star Wars in my book.

The sequel (if there is going to be one) can't come soon enough. Best survival horror game ever in my book, possibly only rivaled by the Condemned series.

Finished it months ago and I've played through it a least another half dozen times since. It's been on my mind a lot lately and tempted to do another couple of playthroughs. I played on hard each time and never felt frustrated. I'm thinking it's certainly one of my top 3 all time favo r it games.

Game was awesome, was pretty long and some parts dragged a bit but enjoyed 90% of it.

Meh, game was okay. Issue for me was the whole coming down from the ducts.

If the Alien was "up" then all good, and if he was "down" then why was it always within 30 yards of the player?
I think they should have made it so the Alien was always "down"... but anywhere on the ship vs. 30 ft or less from me.

Finished it and loved it. on VR this game would be terrifying. I believe I heard of a VR version or demo out there or being made whatever. loved it though.

Yeah, there's a demo on VR right now. And, they're talking about re-doing the whole game in VR. I would get one just for that . :)

I did, twice. At times very frustrating but worth it. I too also played again with the Alien on stupid mode so I could explore more.

Constantly hearing about how the xenomorph is tethered to you has prevented me from getting this game. Doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.

Back