Anyone experienced with fixing AC Powered clocks?

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I just got an older (1992) Budweiser Clydesdale clock & lighted sign. However the clock seems to no longer work. I think something is misaligned or even loose, I think the motor works as I can feel the heat from it, But I don't know if that is an indicator of a working motor or not. The clock is not in the best of shape as it came from a bar years ago
The clock is made by Lanshire
The back of the actual clock motor is marked
Lanshire
Made in USA
Type XL7
105-125V AC Only 60Cycles
I am hoping I can get this clock working again
I can set the clock fine with no binding of the shaft but the clock does not move after I set it
is there a way to determine if the actual clock motor is good or bad? and how would I go about getting this clock to work again?
Thanks

Here are some pictures of what I am dealing with

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

The motor is probably fried.. or a bearing or something is seized up.

The best way to fix it would be to buy a battery powered clock piece and just swap it out with the AC clock part. You will need to get the hands off of the clock to determine the correct size you need.

Sounds like a problem in the linkage between the motor and mechanism. You are probably going to have to remove and disassemble the motor to figure out what's not working. You might be able to get some help at a local shop that deals with clock repairs. Most motors can be rebuilt if it's just worn out.

Just because the motor is warm doesn't mean it's working. It could be bound up. If it were me, I'd remove the motor and crack it open. Clean it out, relubricate, reassemble, and see if it runs better.

I also plugged in just the motor and the motor is good as it spins fine but
I found two problems
1. The gear box was totally dry and the gears were all bound up. (The plastic gears are still in excellent shape though)
2. The mounting plate that the shaft goes through is cracked (I can fix that with gorilla glue)

What kind of oil do I use to relubricate it?
and all of the gears popped out when I took the motor apart so is there a guide so I can reassemble the gear box properly?

You can probably just use white lithium grease, available at your local hardware store for a few bucks. One tube will last you who-knows-how-many years. As for what order the gears go in, you're on your own.

You can probably just use white lithium grease, available at your local hardware store for a few bucks. One tube will last you who-knows-how-many years. As for what order the gears go in, you're on your own.

Thanks Mohonri I already have a tube of white lithium grease
and I found a Guide on how to reassemble the motors gears I will let you all know how it goes once i reassemble everything

Awesome. I don't care for the budweiser branding on the bottom, but I would love to have the top half of a clock like that sitting on my mantle.

Sorry for the late reply but I finally put the clock back together and I got it to work
it works fine now as before it totally stopped it was keeping poor time (It was very slow)
I don't care for the Budweiser branding either I just use it as a nightlight that happens to have a now working clock in it:D

Awesome. I don't care for the budweiser branding on the bottom, but I would love to have the top half of a clock like that sitting on my mantle.

Back