Anyone excited for Arkham Origins?

murkris118

Limp Gawd
As the date nears I am surely excited for Batman Arkham Origins. The gameplay footages already showed that it is very similar to the previous two games in terms of gameplay which is a good thing. I just wish they dont screw up the DX11 and Physx implementations in this game as the last two really sucked in that aspect with horrendous fps dips and general instability. I am definitely gonna pick up a copy.. are u?. What do u guys think about the series and how it should evolve in the future?. What are your expectations from this game?.

I was really excited for and loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City but something about this new game just doesn't appeal to me in the same way...the fact that Rocksteady is not developing it is probably a big reason but also the gameplay footage looks like the same old recycled stuff from the previous games...that's not necessarily a bad thing but something about Origins seems off to me...plus no Kevin Conroy or Mark Hamill in Origins is also a negative...might still pick it up depending on reviews

I feel the true successor will be the new Rocksteady developed Batman Silver Age game coming in 2014

I'm actually much more interested in Origins than I am a Silver Age Batman game. The Silver Age was incredibly silly/goofy and I don't know how well that will work in a game. I mean I love the Adam West Batman series and movie, but I wouldn't want to play a Batman game with that Batman.

As for Conroy and Hamill not being there, Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker sound like they do a pretty good job. Hamill is done playing the Joker. He has said the only way he would come back to the role would be if DC did a Killing Joke animated movie.

I think this will not be as fun as city or even the first one which is best as the joker had a huge role there :( but im sure it will be alright tho...

Mixed feelings. New developers and prequel doesn't sit well with me. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Yar, on the fence about this one. I still love the mechanics of this series (I'll occasionally boot up Arkham City just to fight and glide around), but I'm starting to bore of the general aesthetic (which is kinda Gears of War-ish for me).

And yeah, just like others here I'm concerned that it's a prequel and Rocksteady is not doing it. I would've preferred if it was setup more as a sequel to Arkham City, perhaps not a direct sequel to City's storyline, but its own separate contained story. IE: Batman going after Hush. Or a story based on a famous batman storyline: Killing Joke, The Man Who Laughs, Hush, etc.

I'm a big comic fan but didn't play the 2nd one the 1st one was ground breaking which made it fun.

I have AC in the backlog, but hopefully I can get through that just in time for the AO GOTY edition :)

GFWL killed any excitement I had over the Batman Arkham games. After Arkham Asylum, I didn't bother following up with the rest of the games. I really liked AA, but GFWL was more than I could take.

I'm excited for it because it will mean even lower price drops (hopefully) for the older games. Also - I may be able to play the first two without going through the crap that is GFWL. I've only played AA on Xbox 360, and I want to experience it on PC, same for AC.

GFWL killed any excitement I had over the Batman Arkham games. After Arkham Asylum, I didn't bother following up with the rest of the games. I really liked AA, but GFWL was more than I could take.

Pretty sure they removed GFWL on both AA/AC.

Yeah, I gave up midway through Arkham Asylum after gfwl screwed up my saves. Might try again if it was removed.

I can't confirm that GFWL has been removed for AA or AC yet. Hopefully they will be ASAP. Please provide evidence.

People are still seeing it on AC as of this thread (2013-08-20)

There were changes 5 days ago so it's probably still in the works.

I can't confirm that GFWL has been removed for AA or AC yet. Hopefully they will be ASAP. Please provide evidence.

People are still seeing it on AC as of this thread (2013-08-20)

If noone has an answer for you by tonight, I'll boot up the game and check it out myself after work.

Update: Tried booting it up and the old GFWL overlay came up asking me to login. Not sure if I'm missing something, but it appears GFWL is still tied into AC.

Last edited:
I'm actually much more interested in Origins than I am a Silver Age Batman game. The Silver Age was incredibly silly/goofy and I don't know how well that will work in a game. I mean I love the Adam West Batman series and movie, but I wouldn't want to play a Batman game with that Batman.

As for Conroy and Hamill not being there, Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker sound like they do a pretty good job. Hamill is done playing the Joker. He has said the only way he would come back to the role would be if DC did a Killing Joke animated movie.

the new Rocksteady Batman game will be focusing on Batman’s first meeting with the Joker and rumors are it will include appearances by the Justice League...sounds good to me...in the hands of another developer it could be handled wrong but I trust Rocksteady as they have a real appreciation of the Batman universe...and I'm betting Mark Hamill returns to voice the Joker for that game

Origins uses Steamworks (notice the store page on Steam), no GFWL. Arkham Asylum and City still have GFWL but also have Steamworks although it doesn't work properly for AA. I think AA and AC are still a work in progress as far as removing GFWL goes.

Arkham city was pretty much perfection for a batman game, i'm in doubt that even the original devs could top it. That being said if this game is only half as great as AC it will still be good.

I'm very excited! This will be a day 1 buy for me and that's saying something as there have only been about a half dozen day 1 buys for me in the 30 years Ive been gaming. Arkham City is in my top 2 or 3 games ever so I'm definitely in on this one.

Cautious optimism. Certainly no plans to pre-order but if reviews are good and bugs are minimal, I might purchase within the first week or so. If not, I'll wait for sales. Loved the first two and in fact, BAA was my first game in nearly 15 years that wasn't MS Flight Simulator related.

the new Rocksteady Batman game will be focusing on Batman’s first meeting with the Joker and rumors are it will include appearances by the Justice League...sounds good to me...in the hands of another developer it could be handled wrong but I trust Rocksteady as they have a real appreciation of the Batman universe...and I'm betting Mark Hamill returns to voice the Joker for that game

I don't think The Joker is supposed to show up in this one. Batman is basically fighting assassins hired by a Gotham City crime lord, like Deathstroke and some others. It's supposed to be Batman's second year, and the first time he encounters anyone other than the typical group of mob thugs.

I don't think The Joker is supposed to show up in this one. Batman is basically fighting assassins hired by a Gotham City crime lord, like Deathstroke and some others. It's supposed to be Batman's second year, and the first time he encounters anyone other than the typical group of mob thugs.

Nah, Joker's in it. Not sure how large of a role he plays, but there's some preview movies featuring Joker and Bane.

No Mark Hamill, but from what I heard the new guy does a pretty decent Joker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLKud58w9Ik

I was not referring to Batman Origins but rather the new Batman game developed by Rocksteady which is coming out in 2014

I'm excited but like all games instead of spending $50 to $60 I'm going to wait till it hits $4.99 on Steam.

People got steam codes for this game with nvidia bundles. I got mine on Ebay for 25$. And Yes I am excited for another batman game.

The fuck? They got new voice actors for Batman and Joker? SMH...

The fuck? They got new voice actors for Batman and Joker? SMH...

Yar, I remember reading about Mark Hamill saying that he was going to retire the Joker voice after Arkham City (though I do believe he also said he'd come out of retirement if they did a animated movie based on the Killing Joke.)

As for the new Batman voice, well, it's hard to top Conroy (especially when you grew up with it). The new voice kinda reminds me of Bale's Batman (in that it's really gruff). Hopefully he'll come back for the next Rocksteady Batman game.

Back