Anyone ever use a VIA Epia board...

Oldwolf

Limp Gawd
...as an HTPC or mp3 jukebox for their entertainment center???

I was thinking about them after I saw the article here. 5" x 5" is pretty small.

video performance leaves soemthing to be desiered, but tons of people use them for mp3 jukeboxes over on mp3car.com

IDversusEGO said:
video performance leaves soemthing to be desiered, but tons of people use them for mp3 jukeboxes over on mp3car.com

qft. I wouldn't trust epias as far as i can throw them (and with that small size, I can throw pretty damn far) in terms of video playback. on the other hand, I'm setting one up as a music server.

EPIA's will NOT playback XVID/DIVX at any respectable framerates; ive tried it twice :(

Dillusion said:
EPIA's will NOT playback XVID/DIVX at any respectable framerates; ive tried it twice :(
Would a add in video card make a difference?

Dillusion said:

really, I used an old epia with the via 800 mhz as a car mp3 player and i remember it being able to play divx. granted this was like 5 years ago when most divx files were only like 500x320 or something like that.

I just took a 1 Ghz Epia out of service.

I hate it with a passion. Too damn slow for the money.

IDversusEGO said:

Wow! mp3car.com has things I've been looking for. Thanks!!!

I've got the sp1300 in my car right now actually ;) and it's been working just fine for the occasional video.

I'm waiting for Albatron's Mini ITX s754 mobo, I want to couple it with a Turion64.

Back