Anyone ever RMA a motherboard through ASUS?

stevodotorg

Limp Gawd
Well seems as if my motherboard has givin up on me, a couple mornings ago, I woke up, hit the power button to my computer, to only find that nothing happened, of course I troubleshooted everything and it seems like it's the motherboard.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone has ever done an RMA through ASUS, what the process is, and how long it took. :)

For the premium you pay for asus you would god damn well hope that they have the best RMA on the planet :)

defiant007 said:
For the premium you pay for asus you would god damn well hope that they have the best RMA on the planet :)
Unfortunately, they don't. Call them anyway and arrange an RMA.

We did a couple of RMA's, took about 2 weeks for each one..

WS6 said:
We did a couple of RMA's, took about 2 weeks for each one..
Same here. Frankly for being the largest mobo maker on the planet, their RMA sucks. :mad:

Sent my P5N32-SLI Premium back to Asus on Nov. 17th and it is being delivered today 12/04. They say their RMA process takes 10 business days from the time they receive it.

wish they were better. i sent in a p4p800, and actually got one back after 2 weeks min. more like 2.5. and after going through numerous hoops. the replacement board they sent was crap and failed a couple months later after my warantee exp.

had to get another on ebay... good luck with yours

looking at an asus for my new build, but service gives me questions... no brand is perfect

I've done 4 RMAs on a P5VD1-X

#1 Board DOA - Received back "tested ok"
#2 Board still DOA - Received new board
#3 Board boots up once, then dies - Received new board
#4 Board boots, but unreliably. Tech says BIOS corrupted.

First 3 times was about a 14 day turn around, the last time took 4 weeks.
At $8 shipping each time, I spent more on RMA shipping than I did on the original purchase price (which is most likely part of the problem ;p )
I decided to just buy an Intel board.
Ironically, it was DOA too. Intel overnight shipped the replacement which worked flawlessly.

I plan on buying another Asus board soon, but a "premium" one.. hopefully that will make a difference.

I RMA'd an A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 with bulging caps around the AGP slot area. No signs of instability or anything, I was installing new RAM and saw a little dusty top on the caps and noticed they were bulging and one started to leak.

Took about 3 weeks IIRC

I melted a DIMM socket on my A7N8X-Deluxe 2.0 motherboard. ASUS actually fixed my motherboard and sent it back, so the process took about two weeks. They don't do the throw it in a bin and send you back a different refurbed board.

It was nice to get my exact board back instead of some other poor sucker's motherboard that had who knew what done to it.

As far as their process, it is old school. This was a couple of years ago, but it was done with good old fashioned email. There was no form to fill out to check on the status of it. You just either emailed them or called them.

Just be sure, don't send back anything but the motherboard or you won't get it back with it. Don't send it in the retail packaging they say also.

I think I've had 3 Asus boards die on me. RMAs seemed fairly quick to me as I always now have a spare machine to use. I've never had it go longer than a month.

Sanction said:

At $8 shipping each time, I spent more on RMA shipping than I did on the original purchase price (which is most likely part of the problem ;p )
Ironically, it was DOA too. Intel overnight shipped the replacement which worked flawlessly.

I plan on buying another Asus board soon, but a "premium" one.. hopefully that will make a difference.

After four dead boards I'd file a complaint for my shipping money refunded. Thats ridiculous and should not be tolerated. I would not buy Asus again after that.

Wow thanks for all the responses, I'm a little disappointed though, I have sent the motherboard to them on Monday, but now I am tempted to give them a call and tell them my thoughts, explain to them I do not have the time to wait, and I do expect for them to abide by their 10 day policy. Maybe I will read to them what others think about their RMA dept. and how I am a little worried. Anyway, its a part of my main workstation and I've gotta say, its been hard not being able to work on it and the fact that I am going to New York on holiday on the 17th doesn't help too much either. Anyway, I'll post the results on what happens over the phone, if you all wish. Thanks again, everyone! :)

Ten days is what their policy says? That sounds about right...I was without my board for approximately two weeks (14days) so add in the 2-3 days it took me to ship it to them and the 2-3 days it took them to ship it back, that would put them in the ten day window to complete the repair process.

Nice thing about my RMA is they did not ask what happened to cause the melted DIMM socket.

ive used mainly asus boards for years and had only 2 bad boards out of probubly 75 boards.i build compputers for a living.the turn around time for both of mine was 14-17 days.both boards came back and worked perfect with a sheet explaining what was done to fix them.
if you think asus is bad try some of the other brands like abit or biostar for example.both took more than a month and all the complaining did nothing to speed things up.if you think about it ,the board has to go to calif and be diagnosed and repaired and sent back to shipping to be mailed off to you..10-14 days is in reality not too bad imo.we would all like it to be a few days but with the amount of boards they deal with on a day to day basis,it has to be astonomical.plus all the boards that are sent back for user error and they have to determine if its a warranty problem or someone who did something dumb and blew the board.so all in all with the way things work in our world today 2 weeks isnt really to bad.i do understand your frustration being without your computer after spending a bunch of money on a board only to have it fail or be doa.pisses you off but nothings perfect unfortunately.
msi just for info is about like asus for turn around time.ive rma'ed boards from just about everyone and to be honest ecs has had the fastest turn around time for me.ive rma'ed 4 boards in 2 years and all came back replaced in 9 days.i think they just send out new boards and not fix yours.all of mine came with all accesories in a new retail box with their apologies.i never hesitate buying ecs for a budget build.
good luck with your asus experience.

I had a fan go bad on my A8N-SLI Deluxe.
The board was fine.
I emailed support and in 5 working days they had me out a new fan. No questions asked.
They just wanted the serial number from the board and the purchase date. Didnt ask for proof of purchase or anything.

I have had 4 ASUS boards and never a problem except that fan.
They emailed me details of the revision fan they sent and how to install it,too.

Great service IMO.

had a bad asus A8N-sli deluxe motherboard. Sent it back through CC-canadacomputers(they said it would take 8 weeks and we should just do it through asus and get it in 2 weeks. When we bought it we were told 2 weeks via CC. So i took this as CC trying to shirk their warranty. But no, they took 9 weeks. I went into the store after and pretended to be a new customer (not really pretend as i have been in market for awhile now :)...i asked what their warranty was..and specifically how long it would take to replace a MB. I got 2 answers -- same day service for a system ...or 2 weeks. Anyways back to the point...)

After finally getting the board back..and getting it installed by canada computers ...

it turned out to be the WRONG board. It was an inferior type. doh! and curse!

Now, i do believe CC when they say it was ASUS that shipped wrong board.

So fed up with all the downtime ....let it slide :(

Anyways, i now really want to avoid ASUS stuff unless they are absolute rock stable and will last a few years :)

*the reason i didn't go asus directly was no support in US/CAN ...so would have been long distance phone call + a min of 20$ shipping + insurance.

Sanction said:

To be honest that board was crap, period!

protias said:
I think I've had 3 Asus boards die on me. RMAs seemed fairly quick to me as I always now have a spare machine to use. I've never had it go longer than a month.

I've had two different P4C800E's die on me (one took the processor with it). ASUS replaced both under RMA. Shipped each out two-day UPS, was in-process seven or eight business days, but a repaired or replaced (new) board was back in my hands on day ten (shipped back via UPS two day). So a worst-case was ten business days (fourteen calendar days).

It's *the* reason why I have no problem recommending ASUS.

speaking Asus RMA, is anyone else having trouble accessing the 'Check RMA Status' site?

Yup, they told me 10 business days (2 weeks), and it's been 2 weeks now.. but as long as I get it before winter break, I'm happy. I called for an RMA and it was very easy - just a short description of problem and that was it.

PGHammer said:
I've had two different P4C800E's die on me (one took the processor with it). ASUS replaced both under RMA. Shipped each out two-day UPS, was in-process seven or eight business days, but a repaired or replaced (new) board was back in my hands on day ten (shipped back via UPS two day). So a worst-case was ten business days (fourteen calendar days).

It's *the* reason why I have no problem recommending ASUS.

So thet replaced the cpu as well ?? :confused:

Back