Anyone ever order a retail 920 and get...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go, did it fairly quickly so please excuse a few misspellings. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQrAOQ4TzQc

Hilarious video, nearly spray painted my monitor with coffee! cheese coolers! :D

And on a more serious note...

I bought my current Q9550 rig at newegg, and I had planned to get the parts for my next build from newegg until I saw this statement from newegg talking about demo-units today.
Seriously, that´s an official press release, newegg? That is embarrassing. Might find another vendor for my future builds, if this is all you offer your customers in this precarious situation.

Yep, Newegg's credibility went out the window once they said these were "demo units."

That's where they lost me as a customer. Don't try to blow smoke up my @$$. I used to buy from them for work. Yearly we'd spend $10+k worth of hardware. Not anymore.

Here you go, did it fairly quickly so please excuse a few misspellings. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQrAOQ4TzQc

Thank you so much for making my day!!

After receiving a defective and used Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X from Newegg when ordering and paying $50 over MSRP pricing from NewEgg and express shipping. I got this message back from a supervisor who "investigated the issue":

After further review and investigation, we had concluded a select number of units from our vendor were given to us incorrectly. This was simply an error that was done by our vendor, and we have taken precautions to eliminate this from happening again.

Net result two messed up weekends on a new system build. I expected better after paying $460 for a 5870.

It's funny how it's always "their vendor" screwing them. In my case they blamed Sapphire.

Last edited:
lol glad you guys liked it. Gotta admit, i chuckled as I was compiling it...i love that movie and the perfect delivery by Hitler no matter what the subject. :)

Sorry... If it walks like a duck, and it sounds like a duck, guess what? It's probably a duck.

Newegg shipping fake CPU's and then claiming they were demos, sounds completely bogus. Like the update to the article says, since when do they start shipping spelling mistakes as demo units?? I don't buy it.. And I won't be buying things from Newegg anytime soon. It's a shame cause I've spent thousands of dollars there too..

While the "demo units" claim is obviously PR babble and twist, do you really think Newegg is knowingly selling hunks of plastics in the hopes that buyers will just overlook it? Come on, be real dude. I can assure you this isn't some scam done by newegg, they got duped just as much as the receivers of the "demo units" did. We've been buying from the egg for years, and I'm sure in total we've spent well over $250k there, and I've never really had a bad experience. Newegg is far from shady.

Yeah, but why not just admit it? That's my problem. Be honest and say "hey we got screwed but we will do everything we can to fix the problem."

I'm late to the party, but this is just incredible. I was ready to forgive Newegg for this mishap. They sell millions of items a year and a few slipped by them. But when the insulted our intelligence by calling them "demo units". F that. I'm taking my business elsewhere for a while.

That and newegg's prices have really SUCKED lately.

Wow, that's crazy. I wonder what Kyle will do. It sounds like they are just pissed that they are being pointed out. HardOCP only wrote about the facts so I don't think this will fly in court.

“If you fail to do so by 5 p.m., pst., on March 6, 2010, D&H will pursue all of its rights and remedies, including, without limitation, an action for libel, will seek full recovery for the damages caused by your untrue statements including punitive damages, as well as seek injunctive relief.”
Well it's March 7th. Article's still there.

Go Kyle! Go [H]!

"D&H, however,threw its toys out of its pram..."

Hah hah, someone's angry and guilty, if you ask me.

Good to see NewEgg taking care of any customer problems so quickly, unfortunate to see it happen at all.

In my honest opinion, Newegg.ca sucks the big one and this kind of shenanigan certainly isn't convincing me to give them another shot.

You people that feel so butt hurt by this are more then welcome to shop elsewhere, more stock for us dedicated newegg buyers. And once again, Kyle uses someone elses bad situation to look like the good guy taking down the "evil" corporations. What an ego whore :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You people that feel so butt hurt by this are more then welcome to shop elsewhere, more stock for us dedicated newegg buyers. And once again, Kyle uses someone elses bad situation to look like the good guy taking down the "evil" corporations. What an ego whore :rolleyes:

Don't you think thats a little harsh considering Kyle only reported the facts?

lol Wow. RTFA

It should be D&H's fault for the fact that they somehow have included 300 demo units (which are full of faults) into a shipment of 2000. It shouldn't be Newegg's fault that they got a bad shipment from their distributor.

Finally some truth. Newegg needs to come clean and stop trying to protect whatever Distributor supplied them with these bogus processors. All they do is damage their reputation by issuing false statements to the press. Shame on you Newegg!

so here is the sum up..

Newegg bought it from D&H but not directly from Intel, which those core i7 should be a lot cheaper than what Intel is offering it seems...

but where do those core i7 920 D&H got it from, gray market? one thing that makes me pretty sure about it is the box, with lots of spelling error, and from what I know and seen, those thing are imported from China...... huh...... now this is interesting...

Seems like intel knows even less than newegg/d&h on how many of these fake cpu's are in the market and where they came from, you're drawing conclusions with barely any facts to back it up Kyle. If i wanted gossip i would of went to tmz.
Next time try to quote the entire message instead of bits and pieces. This is the remainder of what the Intel rep said "The examples we have seen are not Intel products but are counterfeits. Buyers should contact their place of purchase for a replacement and/or should contact their local law enforcement agency if the place of purchase refuses to help."

As per Intel themselves the ball of wax with the fan sticker and the chip with no pins is NOT a demo unit... it is clearly a counterfeit. Newegg stated that these items were demo units that got mixed into inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back