Anyone ever lose interest in a game before it's released?

Ub3rn00b

[H]ard|Gawd
This has happened to me a couple times recently. First it was with Burnout: Paradise. When I first saw it was coming out, I could hardly wait. Then it came out. I still haven't bought it yet.
Then was Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. Same thing. Still haven't bought it. I think I might wait for PC version anyway on this one. I dunno. I think the 360 might have a larger online crowd with it. I'll wait and see and make a decision on it later.
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage. I lost interest in that when I played the demo. Flatout 2 for the PC was a great game. They took it, added some things to it, but same cars/tracks, etc. But since I was already playing a modded version of Flatout 2 on the PC, going back to the original cars and tracks was a bit lame to me.

Right now, the two games i'm waiting for are Star Wars: Force Unleashed which I'm slowly losing interest in and also the 360 version of Unreal Tournament 3. I've played the demo of the PC version, but haven't bough the full version for PC yet. I think I might before the next LAN I go to in a couple of weeks.

Just 2 games. I know there not console game s but it apllies.

Latest Duke Nukem in production for 20 years now?
Daikatana probably the most overhyped game ever.

Final Fantasy 11, 12, 13, and crisis core

Shining force neo, and shining wind

The PS3 and wii

Star wars galaxies... heh I betad and it sucked.

Ummm a few other MMO's like that.

And for a while I wanted assasins creed.. but no longer.

I actually lost interest in Call of Duty 4 because I heard the single player was only 5-6 hours long. I also played the multiplayer beta and I don't know what I was on at the time but I wasn't too into it.

I don't know what the hell was wrong with me so I canceled my pre-order.

Needless to say that a couple of months after it was released, I ended up buying it anyway, and I regretted losing interest in it prior to its release, but that's pretty much it.

Maybe Spore, since it's been in production forever?

Burnout Paradise after playing the pos demo. But after reading the great reviews and a 50% discount i picked it up. Should have waited for a larger discount. Burnout revenge is still much more fun.

Burnout Paradise after playing the pos demo. But after reading the great reviews and a 50% discount i picked it up. Should have waited for a larger discount. Burnout revenge is still much more fun.

Same here except I didn't buy Paradise. I was really looking forward to this game too. Oh well.

HL2. After putting up with all the delays, I just lost interest. I did get the game, but I don't find it to be that great(although the episodes are awesome).

currently nintendo is still working very hard at killing any remaining interest i have in smash bros, americans and japanse gamers have been playing for weeks/months, and we in europe dont even have a fucking release date!

i used to be a very big nintendo fan, but the wii is VERY underwhelming, they are gonna have to really pick up their pace if they still want me as a customer

currently nintendo is still working very hard at killing any remaining interest i have in smash bros, americans and japanse gamers have been playing for weeks/months, and we in europe dont even have a fucking release date!

i used to be a very big nintendo fan, but the wii is VERY underwhelming, they are gonna have to really pick up their pace if they still want me as a customer

Yeah, Nintendo needs to get it out in Europe asap. I live in the states but I remember the wait and it was killing me. I can't imagine what others who still don't got it are going though.

Anyways I lost interest in Empire Earth 3 due to it's crappy demo, and then crappy reviews. I have yet to pick up Crysis although I loved the demo. I was watching Neverwinter Nights 2 but the game was buggy on release and I'm kinda waiting for the may release of the Wicher: Enhanced since I'm sure I'll probably like that more.

unreal tournament 3

as soon as they mentioned all the nerfs they made to the game i was like T___________________T

i am a HUGE fan of ut2k4

i think it was unreal tournament 3. was planning to pick it up but after it came i never went out to get it.

not a cosole game but crysis pretty much lost all my intrest after the beta's/demo and yet i bought it hoping i would enjoy it the full game, and well that let me down big time.

A few times. Crysis, DMC4, Haze and Fallout 3.

Also starting to feel that way about Little Big Planet, but I really don't want to.

Paradise, althought I did end up buying it and don't regret it, especially with the DLC thats coming.

DNF and Spore

Alan Wake

Haha!

I've lost interest in all games ever since I hit my 20's, I'll get excited reading about them, then a few weeks before launch I loose enough interest to actually go out and buy it, then I'll wait for it be purchasable from an online downloader usually ...

After reading about all the cool things the game will have, then realizing how limited it will be and how its been implimented before, then coming to realize its not the next coming of jesus I'll end up saving my money =/

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, since I always liked the Lovecraft stories, but the game was delayed multiple times. Then it was made into a console game, and the PC port was delayed yet again and again. By the time it actually came I out, I no longer gave a f*** about it. It was old, out of date, a console port, and much better more interesting games had my attention.

Back