Anyone ever install water cooling in an Antec P160 case?

douglas25

Limp Gawd
Anyone ever install water cooling in an Antec P160 case? I just ordered this case and I am ready to return to water cooling.

I am remember seeing a post where someone added a water cooling rig to a P160, but I can't seem to find it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hello, I have the same case and plan on doing some watercooling with my system. I am still in the process on getting all my parts together. I have picked up a 1976 Chevette heater core and installed the 1/2 barbs on it. I plan on removing the front harddirve cage and putting my heatercore in the front of the case with a Sunon 120 MM fan with a shroud. My heater core is a 6"X7"X2" with tanks in size. I also have a Criticool Waterplant for my reservoir that I think I am going to mount on the inside top of my case. I'm going to use a AquaXtreme 50Z 12V waterpump. I am kind of holding off on my waterblock as I plan on doing a major upgrade on my system this late summer. Going to a A-64 and PCI-E video card. My friend just ordered all his stuff two days ago to do watercooling on his rid. He also has the Antec P160. Hopefully I will have some more information after I help him with his system. I really like my Antec P160, how about you?

Just ordered it, but I am pretty sure I will love it.

I remember a post where someone purchased one and riveted his pump to the bottom of the case. I looked pretty slick. I wish I could find that post again.

mustang_steve said:
look at my system pics in the signature link.

looks nice, i am about to install a similar system in my Antec Sonata. A little less room to play with, but it should all fit.. somehow.

As soon as my pump get here tomorrow Im watercooling in my antec 160, i love the 120mm fan mounts as they give you space for a good sized rad to start with.

Hmm I have the same case.

The HD cage is not removable. the 120mm front fan mount is very tempting but you wont be able to use it without modding the case. I hear you can actually take the cage out in the Antec Super Lanboy cases (Though that case is a bit smaller).

For pics, look in my signature...there is a strike9 url that has pics in it.

The HDD cage is removable, it jsut takes using a drill to drill out the pop-rivets used to hold it in. As far as fan mouting...thats why I used those aluminum frame fans...the frame is strong enough to support weight, and I used some rather heavy-duty sheet metal screws for the mount to the front. That made for a secure mounting. Also notice i had to shave off one bay form my top 3-1/2 bay as well.

This case in a scale of 1 to 10 in difficulty, 10 being the highest is about a 4. It's not very hard to mod this case at all, and it takes very few extra parts to make anyhting work.

Just remember to use some very strong screws with aggressive threads if your going to hang the rad off the front panel like I did.

Back