anyone esle having problems with UT3 demo

rcf1987

2[H]4U
its either making my computer hard restart or giving me an error msg and booting me back to the desktop and resetting the colors to 4 bit and the resolution to 800/600

Wow that sucks, im already getting a bad vibe from this game from all the people talking about it.

Think i will stay away and see from afar o_O

its either making my computer hard restart or giving me an error msg and booting me back to the desktop and resetting the colors to 4 bit and the resolution to 800/600

Every time I get in a Darkwalker, the game crashes and I need to hard boot. That's me main gripe with this Beta Demo. But given it's beta, I'm sure this will be fixed in the final release.

It kept crashing me out at the sign in screen.
finally worked after minor tweaking and the games sucks.:(

It kept crashing me out at the sign in screen.
finally worked after minor tweaking and the games sucks.:(

Yeah same thing happens if I don't disable my firewall. Not sure what ports need opening. Maybe comodo just hates this beta/demo.

I think the game is average, nothing really impressed me, but nothing was really wrong either. The lack of dedicated servers gives a pretty bad impression as far as the lag and netcode go. It's pretty much a toss up if you find a good server or not, regardless of ping it seems.

check you freeware firewall program -- some of my friends run all that free craps and their system kept crashing too--go figure huh.

The UT3 demo been working perfectly for me. I played it for an hour or two this afternoon without any hiccups. Maybe I'm in the minority....:confused:

i have been playing the demo for the last half hour and so far it is great. I am not having any problems.

check you freeware firewall program -- some of my friends run all that free craps and their system kept crashing too--go figure huh.

sorry no crap on this pc only the windows firewall and avg free<---- which is not crap

sorry no crap on this pc only the windows firewall and avg free<---- which is not crap
their we are avg user again. wecome to crash city ahhahahaaha. :D go to norton web site and run system checker this is free scan and adware spyware scanner --you be surprise you have a spyware bug causing crashes buddy.

I still find it amazing that so many beta/demos have problems with the invert mouse setting. UT3 doesn't save the setting.

their we are avg user again. wecome to crash city ahhahahaaha. :D go to norton web site and run system checker this is free scan and adware spyware scanner --you be surprise you have a spyware bug causing crashes buddy.

umm AVG is amazing, and disabling it didnt help me at all. norton on the other hand has failed to save every single computer ive had to fix that it has been installed on. go figure.

The demo doesnt run at all for me, locks up before it goes fullscreen or after the intro nV video... then i need a reboot because the video drivers lock me into 800/600 >_< lovely.

I still find it amazing that so many beta/demos have problems with the invert mouse setting. UT3 doesn't save the setting.

does for me :/

MoH:A demo had that problem though, really irritating.

played for several hours over the weekend, no crashes for me. only problems were lack of dedicated servers and not being able to find where to disable dodging.

The game runs laggy for me. Running an 8800GTS 320mb Superclocked. I know how important smoothness is when playing such a fast paced FPS. So I'm looking at getting a new card in the future. So I'm slightly disappointed, however I think it is hardware based.

The game runs laggy for me. Running an 8800GTS 320mb Superclocked. I know how important smoothness is when playing such a fast paced FPS. So I'm looking at getting a new card in the future. So I'm slightly disappointed, however I think it is hardware based.

Same video card, plays smooth as silk for me.

I did find many of the servers for multiplayer suffered some lag.

Same video card, plays smooth as silk for me.

I did find many of the servers for multiplayer suffered some lag.

I was playing off-line with bots. How many FPS are you getting?

No problems at all. Overclocked the shit out of everything (doesn't seem to stress my card much), and it's running perfectly. I haven't found any specific bugs, either.

My only gripe is that the FOV is restricted to 100, which isn't quite correct on my 16:10 display.

With the game itself I have no problems. It runs just fine. The only problem I have is when trying to find a server to join. I can find a server where there's 24 people on a 32 person server and if I try to join it I get the message that that server is full. If I then refresh the list that same server will still be listed with only 24 people. It sometimes takes me a few minutes to find a server I can join.

It's been a while since I've played a FPS like this. I come from a Battlefield FPS background and it doesn't seem as fast paced as this. I like both styles though and I'm having a lot of fun with the demo even though I usually end up with more deaths than kills at the moment. Still trying to hone my skills. I'll probably buy this when it comes out.

By the way, I'm running it on the pc in my sig but I don't know what my frames per second are since I don't have fraps installed. Is there some kind of command or whatever that I can do inside the game itself to show FPS?

Saved it for me, no problem.
Strange. I got the demo off Fileshack, did the default install and play it from a admin account. No save invert mouse setting. I looked in the control.ini/cfg (can't remember exactly what it was) and didn't see anything that looked like "invertmouse=yes" to change manually.

By the way, I'm running it on the pc in my sig but I don't know what my frames per second are since I don't have fraps installed. Is there some kind of command or whatever that I can do inside the game itself to show FPS?

Haven't tried it in UT3 yet, but "stat_fps 1" in the console (no quotes) does it in 2K4.

I have no problems running it, but my problem lies with the graphics, they kinda suck. The screen shots you see all over the web look NOTHING like the actual game. Ive never seen screen shots that were so over exaggerated!! There is a speed cap of 60fps and to me thats horrible, i play ALL my games vsyned at 85fps. I dont play my games at real high resolutions to make up for it(i play at 1152x864 most of the time). There is also no AA. How can a new engine now-a-days not use AA?? Im dissapointed to say the least.

I have no problems running it, but my problem lies with the graphics, they kinda suck. The screen shots you see all over the web look NOTHING like the actual game. Ive never seen screen shots that were so over exaggerated!! There is a speed cap of 60fps and to me thats horrible, i play ALL my games vsyned at 85fps. I dont play my games at real high resolutions to make up for it(i play at 1152x864 most of the time). There is also no AA. How can a new engine now-a-days not use AA?? Im dissapointed to say the least.

ID games are capped also at 60fps.

Working most excellently for me, gorgeous and smooth as silk. :D

Works fine for me, all vehicles, all modes. Just finding a server with a good ping and semi populated is a bit of an issue.

Back