Anyone else tired of the "OMG when will HL2/Doom3 be released" threads?

Stanley Pain

2[H]4U
I for one am tired as heck of seeing 7 threads created daily, asking the exact same thing, over and over and over again.

Not to mention the "Will Doom3/HL2 run on this hardware" threads.

People, NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS! The games will be released when you can go into your local computer store and purchase a copy. Not any sooner, not any later.

This can be tomorrow, and it could be 3 years from now. Sit down, relax, and go occupy your time with something other than obsessing about these 2 games.

As for what hardware these games will require, who knows what the final product will be. Perhaps you might want to call Gabe or Carmack and ask them yourself. They'll probably know :p

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

-- Tired of seeing the same thread over and over and over and over again.

is this particular forum moderated? i would've thought a sticky would be posted about this.

Yes i am getting tired of them as well. IT would probably be a good idea to just make a HL2/Doom3 discussion thread at the top of the page. Probably wouldn't work too well though since fanboyism would probably break out and it would be a Doom3 Vs HL2 thread. Anyway, it would be nice to have some general thread to help lower the redundant new threads. Oh well.

Why would you care? There will always come new people who hear about this great game and just because you heard about it month ago what does it hurt other people posting it?

No one forces you to reply or read it so this kind of threads is totally useless.

You actually started another HL 2/DOOM 3 thread which you says you want to stop :( If people don´t reply they don´t last long on the front page you know so it kind of moderates itself.

My problem isn't with DOOM/HL2 threads in general.

My problem is with the SAME 2 or 3 topics being posted over, and over and over again. It wouldn't be so bad if you had 1 or 2 of these threads every so often. Heck, I can understand the excitment about waiting for an anticipated game.

But there's something like 5-6 of these threads posted every day =P.

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

I became acutely aware of this problem yesterday; it seems yesterday was an escalated HL2/Doom 3 paranoia day than other days.

It's the bad jokes that I can't stand.

bad jokes I can stand.

3-4 threads all in caps, asking the same think, all on the first page annoy :).

Makes me want to draw blood.

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

No, I love these threads!!! I can talk about these games FOREVER!!! I can't believe that you are tired of this subject.

There..... I just didn't want this to be yet another useless thread....

Originally posted by NowhereMan
No, I love these threads!!! I can talk about these games FOREVER!!! I can't believe that you are tired of this subject.

There..... I just didn't want this to be yet another useless thread....

These threads where made for ranting, and one of these days these threads will rant all over you :p

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

I agree, with Pain. I HATE that every day I see another 3 threads about HL2 and DIII. People just need to relax and get on with their lives. I don't see how so many people can have enough time on their hands to sit and worry about when a game will be out or what HW it will run on. NO ONE knows when it will be out and until it comes out NO ONE knows what it will run better on.

Have a nice day

They're finished when they're finished, and will ship soon afterwards. I don't know what more can be said without talking about a release date that will likely fall through.

Originally posted by MemoryInAGarden
They're finished when they're finished, and will ship soon afterwards. I don't know what more can be said without talking about a release date that will likely fall through.

Don´t bet on it. Many games these days ship before they are finished and let us gamers do the beta testing. That way they actually earn money from beta testing instead of paying for it :D

Originally posted by Stanley Pain
These threads where made for ranting, and one of these days these threads will rant all over you :p

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Hahahaha!

Back