Anyone else running the Intel DP55KG MoBo?

brom42

2[H]4U
I've been running the Intel DP55KG in my main system for about a month now and I have to say I'm impressed with it. Intel motherboard have come a long way from being the bland feature-lacking motherboards they once were.

FYI I usually run my CPUs at stock. So I don't know how this board compares to other boards when it comes to overclocking. Complete specs in my sig.

Like:

1) Runs very cool and dead stable without some crazy power scheme. If only has 6+1 power and runs no different any the 16+2 and other more complex setups.

2) The built in NIC (82578DC) is just as fast and reliable as my Intel PCI-E server NICs. None of the realtek or Broadcom crap on this board.

3) Did a lot of the bios setup work for me. For example it runs your memory in XMP mode out of the box and C-State was on by default. This is the only board I can think of where I didn't have to fiddle with the BIOS to get the best performance.

3.5) Even though this board only has 1 BIOS update form the original release, I haven't found any bugs or issues with it at all. After years of dealing with Asus boards and their problems (It always seems to take 4-5 BIOS updates before all the bugs are worked out) this was rather refreshing.

4) Legacy free.

5) Integrated bluetooth with an external antenna. Nice touch and with the antenna works a ton better than any of the little usb bluetooth adapters I have used.

6) On board sound (ALC889) actually sounds decent and doesn't seem to have any of the electrical noise or other gremlins that on-board sound tends to have. This may be because the P55 boards have so much less clutter on them, but the sound chip seems decently isolated from board noise. I'm probably still going back to my Xonar, but the fact that I even considered the onboard after hearing it is a good start.

Dislike:

1) All the stupid BLING and Skull crap, but at least they gave the the option to turn all the "LEET" shit off.

2) The overclocking/monitoring program needs some more work. Its rather buggy; but since I don't overclock, I just uninstalled it.

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I was wondering the same thing: how does [H] view the DP55KG? Hardly anyone has said anything about it as a forum search brings up close to nothing.

But I noticed the OP switched his mainboard to the EVGA P55 FTW? @brom42: why?

Last edited:
i have the same bord no problems yet. can you run six hard on his board what are the blue sata for ? im going win 7 64 this week end .

Last edited:
after loading program ran fine under win 7 64 bit .but after booting ntune crashes now wtf.

Back