Anyone else pick up a Sony Xperia Z1S today?

FRZ

2[H]4U
So looks like I had a defective device, phone works now and is pretty great :)

Figured we could make this a discussion thread about the Z1S :)

Last edited:
I plan to pick mine up today. Try cleaning the screen in the sink or rebooting the phone.
Maybe your fatfingered? lol jk

I plan to pick mine up today. Try cleaning the screen in the sink or rebooting the phone.
Maybe your fatfingered? lol jk

My fingers are quite slender :p

I'm gonna switch mine out today, please let me know if you have the same problems

So ya it seems I had a whacked out device. Switched it out for a new one and its much better. Hope no one else suffers that issue :/

So ya it seems I had a whacked out device. Switched it out for a new one and its much better. Hope no one else suffers that issue :/

Good to hear, i havent picked up mine yet :(

I would jump on this in a heartbeat because of the 32GB memory; however, the plastic bezels make the phone feel cheap.:mad:

I would jump on this in a heartbeat because of the 32GB memory; however, the plastic bezels make the phone feel cheap.:mad:

It still feels pretty high end. Metal would have been nice but if it really interferes with the signal I dont mind.

I can safely say that I had a defective device, I now really enjoy the phone. Probably the most snappy phone I have ever had that is not stock android. Also Kudos to sony for not going all crazy with the skinning like samsung. the xperia skin is pretty solid with a nice clean feel. The screen is pretty nice, not as lush as the samsung AMOLED's, but it is much more natural and true. Also the screen is not as dull as my Nexus 5 was. Overall I am liking it now that it works :p Have not dunked it water yet but.... curiosity will probably get the better of me sooner rather than later :)

So i finally got around to purchasing my Z1S and i love it! Ive been using it for 3 days now and have not noticed any issues with it at all. Im coming from a Droid razr maxx, so this is a huge speed boost!

Keep posting your thoughts :D I'm interested in the Z1 Compact so taking all of this Z1s info in.
Lint problems?
Glass being scratched?
Are you using a screen protector?

Keep posting your thoughts :D I'm interested in the Z1 Compact so taking all of this Z1s info in.
Lint problems?
Glass being scratched?
Are you using a screen protector?

It does attract lint on the front and back but it can be easily wiped or washed off with water.
Sony has a film already installed that is suppose to prevent scratches so one may not be needed.

Just curious as the OP was edited...what was the original issue?

A few of the xperia's had an issue where the screen would stop detecting your finger if you were to slide it around (Swipe, games, etc.)

Back