Anyone else loking forward to the new Shadowrun?

Sovern

Limp Gawd
I remember seeing the kickstarter thread a while ago for the game.

It looks like it's going to be an amazing throwback game.

Strategic Turn based combat akin to Bauldurs Gate/XCOM, has plenty of dialogue/moral choices, the cyberpunk theme looks really nice a long with the layout graphics.

Game looks like a combination between XCOM & Boulders Gate with it's cover system and RPG elements.

As long as the difficulty is nice & hard and requires thinking, has loot, and is pretty long I can see this being a real sleeper hit (at least 40 hours long hopefully).

The fact that it hasn't been talked about much on here surprises me since the release date is only about 2 weeks away......I'm probably going to pre order as for $17.99 it seems like a steal.

We need more games like this.

Last edited:
Sorry to be a dick: its Baldur's Gate. I cannot let such a classic be spelled in such a way. :p

Big fan of the SNES version so I'll be getting it. Saw some combat videos just to see how its done and it looks alright. Didn't dig into the info out there a whole lot as I didn't want to spoil much.

Sorry to be a dick: its Baldur's Gate. I cannot let such a classic be spelled in such a way. :p

It's alright :p.

I always misspell that game.

It looks like a really good game though.....surprised there doesn't seem to be much interest in it on here especially at it's low price point and since it's release is about 2 weeks away.

The combat is like a mix between the old D&D RPG's with XCOM's cover/shooting elements and you can hack into buildings and there's a ton of different races and your speech effects the gameplay.....basically it looks really damn good.

I'm pretty sure that some of the Dev's for the game are the ones from the original Shadowrun and some have worked on the older D&D games but I could easily be wrong.

It looks like a really good game though.....surprised there doesn't seem to be much interest in it on here especially at it's low price point and since it's release is about 2 weeks away

I've always been surprised at the lack of attention the universe gets. Even in the PnP side of things its hard to find people who even know about it. It's one hell of a cool setting in my opinion; I wish it were more popular.

I am because I enjoy isometric rpgs. But I haven't played Shadowrun.

I am almost certainly going to get it when it comes out. I have the old rulebook, but never played much Shadowrun, it was always D&D or Battletech instead.

Already pre-ordered. I am looking forward to some new sci/fantasy iso view action.

I kickstarted it so yep, can't wait to play it.

This along with the recent Larry reloaded game are the first kickstarters that I've pledged to that actually will be getting released at least close to when they said they would.

Kickstarted Shadowrun also! Can't wait to try it out.

Until then I'll be playing Larry, pretty decent game, and first video game Dev. I kickstarted to deliver a finished product.

I am looking forward to it. They are releasing pretty comprehensive tools for the game, so i expect there will be a lot of great player made campaigns and mods.

preordered already was pissed off when they changed the release from june to july...

I cant wait to play 5th edition too i hope my dm decides to move to that... cyberdecks are back....

I preordered yesterday when a $18 rebate card showed up in the mail.

$18 rebate
-$17.99 preorder
-----------------------
$Winning.01

I wish I'd put money down on the kickstarter :( I love the universe, I own most of the books from the 90's, a bunch of rulebooks and even a pair of cufflinks I bought for the lulz.

It looks interesting but I'll wait for it to actually come out and see what people say about it.

Yes, very much looking forward to it. I'm still good friends with half the people I used to play tabletop with, and they're all getting it too.

I was way into SR in High School and read a dozen or so of the novels, so of course I'm a KS backer and pretty excited that SR:R is almost out. Everything I've seen so far looks excellent.

If anyone's interested but didn't back, I have some extra copies that I'm willing to trade for other games (many of which are / may be on sale right now).

See my thread here.

Back