Anyone else interested in WildStar?

This game has interested me for a while. I'd love to try it if anyone has another guest pass? Also, is there a Hard guild playing?

I've been playing this game (a lot) since launch and hit level 50 last night.

It. Is. Freaking. Awesome.

It's everything you want feature wise from a modern MMO but with the difficulty philosophy of vanilla WoW. It's actually hard and you don't get rewards just for showing up. That being said, it's also not a 23/7 lifestyle like EVE either. New IP, great story, devs that are absurdly responsive to the commnity (except when denying complainers something that disagrees with their design philosophy), frequent patches, etc. Buy it, or at the very least try it, you won't regret it.

Anyone playing on Avatus, Dominion side?
I'm looking for a guild for PvE fun times, preferably in EST time zone.

I'm playing on Bloodsword as an Exile. Character name is Holytaint if anyone wants to hit me up.

Downloading now. Just found out about this game (yes I live under a rock). Really thinking about buying it and will share my guest passes if I do. I will return a guess pass to someone who has one where I can try it if I buy.

If anyone has guest pass would love to try been looking at this game

It's everything you want feature wise from a modern MMO but with the difficulty philosophy of vanilla WoW. It's actually hard and you don't get rewards just for showing up. That being said, it's also not a 23/7 lifestyle like EVE either. New IP, great story, devs that are absurdly responsive to the commnity (except when denying complainers something that disagrees with their design philosophy), frequent patches, etc. Buy it, or at the very least try it, you won't regret it.

Have you left the house or showered since it's been released...?

Can't justify another $60+$15/mo on a game that will either be dead or F2P within a year.
As great as Wildstar may be, if I were going to pay for an MMO I'd still go back to WoW because I trust it more.

This is why all new MMO's are doomed to fail, despite how good they are. Too many people think like me.

Can't justify another $60+$15/mo on a game that will either be dead or F2P within a year.
As great as Wildstar may be, if I were going to pay for an MMO I'd still go back to WoW because I trust it more.

This is why all new MMO's are doomed to fail, despite how good they are. Too many people think like me.
Then, what is it that you expect out of an MMORPG for it to succeed nowadays?

Buy once, no subscription like Guild Wars?

Subscription fees less than $10 or $12 a month?
Microtransaction store?

Great story?

Sociable community?

World of Warcraft gameplay?

Non-WoW gameplay?

Traditional leveling and questing system?

Non-traditional?
It's always been a curious question of mine whenever I see criticisms of any MMO that comes out nowadays. Even I have my expectations, and the most important being that it's nothing like World of Warcraft and isn't filled with microtransactions up the yazoo.

If everyone thought like you, and I'm sure there are many, how can any one MMO be expected to succeed?

If everyone thought like you, and I'm sure there are many, how can any one MMO be expected to succeed?

It depends on how you define success. To me success means that the games are commercially viable such that the devs can continue to work on it.

Games need to have a player driven free market economy and there needs to be player driven content because players will always consume dev-created content much faster than devs anticipated.

The biggest issues with player driven economies is that most all devs feel that all players should be able to achieve the same level at crafting/production. That's misguided because it creates unlimited supply which destroys the economy. Everyone should be able to achieve a standard level of proficiency at crafting to create standard items, but the game should under a certain set of circumstances by chance allow some players to advance to mastery levels so that the gear they craft is exceptional and coveted by other players. Yes, that would make that player by chance filthy rich, but so what. It creates a system where people can strive for something rather than a communist classless society where everyone is economically equal.

Player driven content is based on guild vs guild, alliance vs alliance, or realm/world vs realm/world. There simply isn't enough PvE draw to player driven content. Conquering other people's stuff will keep the game going (albeit attract a certain group of asshole-ish players).

WoW is a relic of times past, there won't be another MMO with similar subscription numbers because ultimately there's very little reason to log in time and again and as people mature they realize that 100% of their time in an MMO is wasted.

Have you left the house or showered since it's been released...?
I have, and I've gone to work full time too ;) It's pretty surprising how much free time you actually have when you direct it at one thing for a week. You don't seem to have that much when half of it is spent screwing around on reddit/forums/blogs/watching media/etc, but when you focus it seems to grow. This is true of other hobbies as well I've found.

I trust these guys a lot more than Blizzard at this point. They seem to be making the right decisions where Blizzard has made the wrong ones over the years (LFR, flying mounts, "accessibility", daily heroics, tokens, etc.), and a lot of them are ex-WoW devs from back in the day. We'll see how that holds up over time.

As for paying a monthly sub, I generally avoid "free to play" MMOs because I've never seen an MMO called "free to play" that's not actually pay to win. I want to pay my $15 a month and get everything. I can't stand being nickle and dimed for more xp, more bag space, cosmetic enhancements, higher damage ammo, better consumables, etc. It often ends up costing more than a subscription MMO if you want to be competitive. I'm more than willing to pay the cost of 2 beers out at the bar per month for a game I enjoy with monthly content updates.

The other thing to think about is that GMG has 25% off codes that work on Wildstar which brings the cost to $45, and it includes a month of game time (obviously), so the actual cost to get started over the normal sub is only $30.

With posts like Bobalias_LeShay's, wildstar is the first MMO I'm seriously considering playing since quitting WOW over 5 years ago. Anyone got a spare guest pass? Would love to try it before putting $60 into it.

With posts like Bobalias_LeShay's, wildstar is the first MMO I'm seriously considering playing since quitting WOW over 5 years ago. Anyone got a spare guest pass? Would love to try it before putting $60 into it.

I grabbed it for $45 through greenmangaming, myself :). Just wish I had preordered for the full highwayman costume (or done beta more) and done some of the beta stuff for the boomboxes :D. I feel so far behind already on the leveling now too ;).

Wildstar has an INSANE amount of content for launch. I didn't think housing was going to be deep, but it has a lot of depth to it. I trust Carbine ten fold over Blizzard. Blizzard just doesn't pump out content fast enough anymore. The big feature of WoD is "garrisons", but they aren't even as in-depth as Wildstar's housing.

I have, and I've gone to work full time too ;) It's pretty surprising how much free time you actually have when you direct it at one thing for a week. You don't seem to have that much when half of it is spent screwing around on reddit/forums/blogs/watching media/etc, but when you focus it seems to grow. This is true of other hobbies as well I've found.

I'm guilty of this...which is why I'm only level 14... D:

Wildstar has an INSANE amount of content for launch. I didn't think housing was going to be deep, but it has a lot of depth to it. I trust Carbine ten fold over Blizzard. Blizzard just doesn't pump out content fast enough anymore. The big feature of WoD is "garrisons", but they aren't even as in-depth as Wildstar's housing.

Granted I am only level 14 myself, but Wildstar can be called WoW with exponentially more depth. Literally every mechanic has more depth.

Me and my wife a enjoying it pretty well. Only level 10 at the moment about to put some more time in it here in a few . It's a nice change from wow.

Anyone have a guest pass? Got my GmG discount code but i would like to give it a try before I buy.

Despite it having a subscription, it's a breath of fresh air from WoW and other MMOs I've played. It's not like SWTOR where it was merely WoW with Star Wars painted over it and the "best online single player" storyline. It feels like WoW, but isn't at the same time.

For the $75 I spent on the Digital Deluxe, I'm actually happy I spent it on this than the ESO Digital Deluxe.

Now, a question: Where do I find the 3 guest passes? It's not on my NCSoft account page. Is it in-game?

Next question: Are the account bound items usable on multiple characters on the same account like in TERA Online?

(I'm also looking forward to housing when I get to level 14. I've noticed that many players on the /r/wildstar subreddit are spending so much time there. Haha.)

Just got a gold rating dungeon on a veteran WotW (adventure), thats my favorite adventure so far. Got my first purple item too from a pug group getting gold, massive upgrade from a 49 green item I was wearing. Hopefully I'll have lots of runs in with my guildmates so I can be raid ready next week.

Gear isnt what I'm used to traditional MMO gear. Every instance has loot tables, but each item can roll different stats. This means that you might get that awesome dps gear item, but if it rolls insight and grit (used for tanking), it's not really a dps upgrade.

I'm not sure if this rule applies in raids, or the stats are static. It slows down loot progression sure, but trying to find that one purple item to drop for you AND have good rolls will make gear grinding painful. Imagine first kill in the 20 man Genetic Archives, and no one getting an upgrade because it was a tanking item with focus recovery.

Now, a question: Where do I find the 3 guest passes? It's not on my NCSoft account page. Is it in-game?

Next question: Are the account bound items usable on multiple characters on the same account like in TERA Online?

Should receive an email from 'NCSOFT Support' with subject "Your WildStar guest passes are available now"

all the account bound stuff shows up in a specific menu area in-game, kinda like a bank that you can access anywhere and xfer to each of your characters real-time

Should receive an email from 'NCSOFT Support' with subject "Your WildStar guest passes are available now"

all the account bound stuff shows up in a specific menu area in-game, kinda like a bank that you can access anywhere and xfer to each of your characters real-time
I'll have to check my e-mail again. Thank you for answering.

Edit: Ah-ha! Found them!

If I get a guest pass from [H] and buy the game, I will share all 3 passes here.

I would also love a guest pass if anyone has one to give out, thanks! :D

Watching streams, I think I'm going to like the combat a lot. Looks kind of like TERA, but much more intuitive.

Looks like the purples aren't subject to stat RNG like the blues that are dropping. It's nice because each piece is a static DPS or TANK upgrade, none of this halfsises BS stat allocation.

The only RNG on purples is how many rune slots you get: 2-4. The 3rd and 4th slots are nice, but suffer from such diminishing returns (and rune conflicts) that it should never be the difference between necessary gear. It would be stupid to need 4 rune slots on every piece to be successful in GA, and then again full purple 4 slots to do Datascape.

Here are my 3 guest passes.

D7TOREJBIVV6VFWW6KC8
YTGRZ4COQYLU62DYB6LW
94LTTCI7HU4Z9ZMP3NVU

Enjoy!

What server is [H] playing on?

There is not [H] guild or server, most of us are spread out over the servers.

I'm on Widow myself, but it's the second highest pvp server and from I have heard the normal queue (for non-deluxe edition) can get annoying at prime time.

Anyone want to PM me a guest pass? :)

I was only able to play the beta for 30 min. How long does the starting area take? Does the game get better from there? I'm assuming it does since most MMO starting zones suck.

Last edited:
Been watching on Twitch and I'd love a guest pass as well.

My biggest question is on performance. I always figure that if I can get decent performance with NVidia Surround, any MMO will hold my attention long enough to justify the initial cost.

Back