Anyone else having problems with Forceware 180.XX?

Brampton_Boy

Limp Gawd
After trying both the beta and certified Forceware 180.xx drivers, I am encountering some serious gameplay problems in Left 4 Dead and Call of Duty 5.

With regards the Left for Dead, the game hitches (often for seconds at a time), unless I play in borderless windowed mode. Call of Duty on the other hand just hard locks after a couple of seconds.

I tried a clean format of my computer, both Vista 64 and Windows XP, but to no avail. While I don't mind using the 178.xx drivers, performance in Call of Duty 5 is TERRIBLE (Sub 30fps, regardless of setting).

System is as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo @3400Mhz
Asus P5n-e SLI
2x8800GTS 640MB SLI (660/1640/1010)
4 Gig DDR2 RAM

Any help?

I have had all kinds of issues, lost performance in a couple of older games and and some other. less then impressed. I may just go back to the last set

COD-5 seems to work just fine for me..I cant say that I even noticed any difference from the 178's....I haven't tried left for dead yet so I cant say .

I had to go back to the 178.24 drivers last night...
COD4 was dropping to below 30 fps, with dips into the mid teens!! On a 280?? LOL

I went back and all is good...so much for all the hype

I also started getting problems, i just rolled back the drivers!! :D

Assassin's Creed and FarCry2 hitch horribly with the 180.48's, and enabling the nicer water in Crysis (Ocean_FFT) while running in DX9 mode causes the screen to explode into artifacts.

Rolled back to the 178.24's, no more issues.

I don't believe these, these are all lies, these cannot be true, you are all making these up, I won't be fooled by these, nVidia driver doesn't have any problem, never ever. nVidia driver is problem free. ;)

With regards the Left for Dead, the game hitches (often for seconds at a time), unless I play in borderless windowed mode. Call of Duty on the other hand just hard locks after a couple of seconds.Any help?

I have the same issue in Left 4 Dead. Moreover, in HoMM5, I sometimes get weird artifacts all over the place, which seem to replace models, mountains, towns, etc.(no hard-lock or a crash, though). Using Windows XP Pro SP3, 180.48 drivers.

EDIT: 8800GTS 512MB, E6600, 4GB RAM. Never had any of these issues with 178xx.

I dunno but, these 180.xx fixed my issues toggling between different displays, so happy with that.

Ive heard some people having issues with the 180.48's though in some games.

There is a new beta driver out 180.80 so...might check that out.

Back