Anyone Else Having Network Issues Today?

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
Trying to troubleshoot. Wondering if it is on my end or more widespread.

This site seems to suggest FiOS as at least having some issues in the northeast this morning, but I can't seem to verify that anywhere.

Anyone else?

Not seeing any problems here with Spectrum or ATT Fiber. Should also add Hurricane Electric to the list since IPv6 is riding a tunnel over to them to get out.

No problems here on wow or charter whereas comcast is showing some packet loss that was worse earlier.

Shows FiOS is having issues in my area but it has been working fine since I got home.

Could you be any more vague, OP?

Didn't have time for detailed troubleshooting. Was kind of hoping someone would say something like "Yeah , AWS US-East1 is down" or "all of FiOS is fucked right now" or something like that, and save me the trouble :p

I had some odd random connectivity issues. Couldn't refresh certain software repositories on Launchpad. The Virtualbox file downloads weren't working. Linux kernels were downloading VERY slowly, couldn't connect to Logmein/Gotomeeting, VPN to work wasn't connecting, DuckDuckGo was being intermittent, as were the Hardforums.

Other sites and tools (like Google) were working just fine with no issues at all.

Rebooting the router, and trying different VPN's or without a VPN didn't change anything.

After a few hours the problem disappeared though.

No idea what was going on. I'm guessing it was a FiOS thing.

Last edited:
I'm on FiOS and experienced some hiccups today while conducting interviews but nothing major.

Didn't have time for detailed troubleshooting. Was kind of hoping someone would say something like "Yeah , AWS US-East1 is down" or "all of FiOS is fucked right now" or something like that, and save me the trouble :p
No help for you here. Comcast has been fine all day in Chicago. Also you are a lucky fucker having fiber. Can't get it in my neighborhood yet. Grr. Argh. Grr. Jelly.

No help for you here. Comcast has been fine all day in Chicago. Also you are a lucky fucker having fiber. Can't get it in my neighborhood yet. Grr. Argh. Grr. Jelly.
Same here in CA, south of San Francisco. I see a fair number of complaints about Comcast service in my Nextdoor group, but for me at least, Comcast has been extremely reliable. And despite how people like to dump on Comcast, I found their second-level support really good. Much better than HP, Intuit, or Adobe, to name just a few companies I deal with.

Fiber optics should be included in the Declaration of Human Rights and should be free for the end-user with the ISP holding at least 33% of available ad space on all internet-enabled services that share the VAT country with the above-mentioned ISP.
*gets shot*

Yeah, in general I can't complain. This is really the first time I've had an issue with FiOS since ~2010, when one of their edge routers started failing, resulting in routes that used to have really good latencies, suddenly sucking ass, and my pings to my favorite community servers going from amazing to absolute shit.

I filed customer service requests, felt like I was getting the runaround, and it took them several months to fix it, but they eventually did.

Since then Verizon's FiOS internet service has been damn near perfect, at least on the technical level.

The business/customer service bullshit is a little tedious to deal with (all of their standard package deals and forms make it look as if renting set top boxes and routers from them is mandatory, and you have to jump through hoops to get them off your bill) but the actual internet service is second to none in my experience.

12 completely trouble free years is nothing to complain about.

No idea what was going on. I'm guessing it was a FiOS thing.
Probably was just an isp thing that they were already working on because they found it before it affected too many people. Usually, I've found that most isps now have a message in their support phone number if you call and they have an issue in your area since if your calling number matches the one on the account--all without even speaking to anyone. (y)

I loved FIOS when we had it back in the NYC area--75/75 for what was 1/2 the cost of anything from other providers.

Back