anyone else have this problem with their r9 290?

etegv

Limp Gawd
My memory clock seems to stuck. There have been moments where it would jump to 1250, but right now its at 150 currently. How do I boost up the clock?

because I keep crashing every time I boot up a game. Surfing online seems to be fine

thanks

Are you using overdrive or afterburner for the overclock? I would avoid overdrive in CCC at all costs and use ab or trixx.

i disabled OD and it worked fine for a while, but now Im experiencing issues with the clock set at 150. How do you increase the clocks? the hand seem to be stuck

i booted up a game fine now, but it did this yesterday and it crashed after 20m of gameplay.

Right now the clock is jumping to 1250, but most times it will just stay stuck at 150.
And last night, for whatever reason, my display driver kept crashing every 5 mins.

I really hate AMD software

What game is this happening with? Bf4 64 bit would crash after 20 mins for be but using the 32 bit stopped it.

Have you tried diff driver versions yet?

i tried both the drivers that came with the card and the one that was online

I dont understand what is going on

Try disalbing the ULPS (Ultra Low Power State) for AMD cards.

Go to your registry (regedit) and change the following:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\ControlSet001\\Control \\Class\\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]

and change "EnableUlps" to 0 under the 0000 and 0001 or 0003 keys or how ever many cards you are using.

***Always recommend backing up registry before modifying it***

Try disalbing the ULPS (Ultra Low Power State) for AMD cards.

Go to your registry (regedit) and change the following:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\ControlSet001\\Control \\Class\\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]

and change "EnableUlps" to 0 under the 0000 and 0001 or 0003 keys or how ever many cards you are using.

***Always recommend backing up registry before modifying it***

thanks, I will give this a shot. Right now its working fine but its real picky when it wants to work. Ill do this and report back, thanks

thanks, I will give this a shot. Right now its working fine but its real picky when it wants to work. Ill do this and report back, thanks

Forgot to add, a you will also need to restart for it to take place. Always forget to add that.

Forgot to add, a you will also need to restart for it to take place. Always forget to add that.

thanks. I will do that.

its weird b/c Im in amd overdrive and the power is listed at 0%. I hope that fixes it

couldnt find ULPS. I see default, class, classdesc, iconpath, installer 32, and Lowerelogoversion

and yea I tried the new drivers @ spasturtle. In fact, they made them worse because now theres a chance my display driver will constantly crash if i boot up, whereas before it wouldnt when I had the drivers that came with the CD installed.

Just had the same issue twice. Randomly during gaming the video driver will crash and the memory clock speed will become permanently stuck at 150MHz until I restart the machine.

So far I've only seen it happen with Catalyst 13.12 so maybe rolling back to 13.11 might be worthwhile.

Back