Anyone else get excited?

Soulmetzger

[H]ard|Gawd
So I've been building PC's and working on electronics for just about 20 years now. Still to this day I get excited like a kid on Christmas when I see those boxes in my entry way while pulling into the driveway. I know my wife humors me when I cut open those boxes and start showing her all the new goodies but i love to share my joy.

Anyone else get just the biggest smile on their face getting new parts?

I agree. But realistically, if I saw computer parts outside my door when I was I pulling into the driveway I'd be at first excited, and then pissed beyond belief that the UPS guy left $2000 in parts outside, AGAIN. WHY? WHY UPS GUY?

No I don't get like that. I think it's great they're here, but usually they stay in their boxes for a few days or more until I have time from work and family to do anything with them.

I do. I order my stuff to work and show it to all my friends before running home and start whatever journey it will take to get the part up and running.

I agree. But realistically, if I saw computer parts outside my door when I was I pulling into the driveway I'd be at first excited, and then pissed beyond belief that the UPS guy left $2000 in parts outside, AGAIN. WHY? WHY UPS GUY?

Speaking of that.

Last year I ordered a bunch of speakers and a receiver for my new home theater. UPS decided to drop off everything to my neighbor in which I don't really get along with. He is in his late 70's and complains about everything. While I was loading up all the boxes in my truck I got an ear full of how he will call the police if he hears anything from my new speakers.

Speaking of that.

Last year I ordered a bunch of speakers and a receiver for my new home theater. UPS decided to drop off everything to my neighbor in which I don't really get along with. He is in his late 70's and complains about everything. While I was loading up all the boxes in my truck I got an ear full of how he will call the police if he hears anything from my new speakers.

That's awesome. Did you blast those speakers after that? I would have.

I always get excited. I keep checking the tracking online while I'm at work. I love seeing that delivered notification. Of course when I get home, I have to on a treasure hunt because my wife finds it fun to hide my shiny new parts from me. :)

I always get excited. I keep checking the tracking online while I'm at work. I love seeing that delivered notification. Of course when I get home, I have to on a treasure hunt because my wife finds it fun to hide my shiny new parts from me. :)

Do you dress up like a Pirate too?

Pirate costume optional! lol. I think she does it because she knows she won't see me for a few days since I'll be in the man cave with my attention on building or upgrading.

lol... I watch the tracking # on my orders, if it's supposed to arrive that day, I usually call out. I can't get anything done at work with that on my mind anyway.

I have my first custom water loop parts delivery today via Fedex and they require a signature which is going to blow if they show up before I get off work.

I keep checking the tracking every hour.

Do you leave notes to redeliver on a day that you are there?

no, i don't get excited at all. i just browse and post on hardware enthusiast sites/forums for the hell of it.

My current computer, when I ordered it, everything but the memory arrived the same day and was left outside the door of my apartment in the hallway. I was excited it wasn't stolen.

i never check the tracking on anything i order unless it seems like its taken longer than it should have. i just like checking my mail box (my apartment complex has big boxes where they can leave boxes and throw the key in your small mailbox) and seeing a box there that i completely didnt expect. just got my new tent from steepandcheap today that i thought id get tomorrow! :) and yes electronics more than outdoor gear, but any package is good really. super excited for my projector in a week. :D

Back