Anyone else feel Logitech Mice feel different on Window 10?

chockomonkey

[H]F Junkie
Using the latest Logitech software plus drivers.

I have a G500s at work on windows 7, and a G500s at home on windows 10.

I've gone through the software and the settings on both machines are identical.. but there's something really off feeling with the mouse acceleration on Windows 10.

Could it be a variance in the mouse or laser itself?

It's possible that Microsoft has messed with the mouse acceleration curve. As an Apple user I know how irritating even the slightest change in the curve can be.

not here. went from a g500 to a g502 during my win10 transition and never noticed any difference on either.

Using the latest Logitech software plus drivers.

I have a G500s at work on windows 7, and a G500s at home on windows 10.

I've gone through the software and the settings on both machines are identical.. but there's something really off feeling with the mouse acceleration on Windows 10.

Could it be a variance in the mouse or laser itself?

Have you tweaked the acceleration settings at home or at work? Check if acceleration is enabled in Windows settings, not just at the driver software. Maybe at work you have a group policy that disables the tweaks.

I have a G602 and went to Win10 the other day and it feels the same as 7.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Seems like it's just me, so I'll start with a re-installation of the software + drivers.

Have you tweaked the acceleration settings at home or at work? Check if acceleration is enabled in Windows settings, not just at the driver software. Maybe at work you have a group policy that disables the tweaks.

I've compared the settings pretty closely... and I'm pretty sure in the latest version of the Logitech Gaming Software, they replaced the driver's acceleration with the OS acceleration. In testing when i turn one off, the other goes off as well.

I'll post back after messing around some more. Thanks again!

I have a G500 and upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago, and I don't notice any change.

No changes here, but I have encountered issues in the past where the cursor speed alternated between the Windows settings and the LGS settings. I bet that's your culprit.

No changes here, but I have encountered issues in the past where the cursor speed alternated between the Windows settings and the LGS settings. I bet that's your culprit.
I think that happened to me yesterday. The acceleration changed for some reason.

I've noticed it with my Anywhere MX as well. It feels more 'floaty' than Windows 8 on a fresh installation on my work desktop. I bet it's not limited to Logitech mice but I'm not changing over my primary machine for a good long while because 8 also feels faster on it and I don't game enough anymore to chase DX12.

I've noticed it with my Anywhere MX as well. It feels more 'floaty' than Windows 8 on a fresh installation on my work desktop. I bet it's not limited to Logitech mice but I'm not changing over my primary machine for a good long while because 8 also feels faster on it and I don't game enough anymore to chase DX12.
It seems DX12 was mostly hot air like DX11 was. Lots of hype, little real world benefits.

I noticed a difference. Installing the software/drive fixes it though. I really like how consistent Logitech mice are across platforms. You just need to make sure you have the software installed.
This is on my G502.

Back