anyone else experiencing this odd far cry behavior?

raz-0

Supreme [H]ardness
Far cry is generally behaving for me except it keeps doing one VERY annoying thing.

Namely every now and then, one of the mercenaries will notice me, appear to be going to get help, running away, or finding cover. Something that results in a character animation that involves the gun pointing in some direction other than at me, and bullets will be flying from whatever odd direction the gun is pointing straight at me.

The game is pretty emersive, so when it does this it kind of pisses me off and it hurts the gameplay since it screws up makign tactical decisions.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Once a guy was shooting at me out his ass so yeah, I've seen what you are talking about. But it only happned to me once and I've played through the whole game.

happened to me aswell.

Guy shooting at me with his gun still pointed down at his side, the bullets were coming at me though, i had to take a wtf moment before i realised what was going on.

Among the sound bug where it repats the gunsound even after the guy is dead and dropped his gun.

i've had both happen, and on many different occasions for that matter. Though it didn't completely screw up the atmosphere or gameplay for me. If i recall the times they did happen I was so into the firefight I killed them instantly and than thought later "hrmm that was odd, oh well"

It only seems to happen at long distances for me. My guess is that at that distance, the engine stops rendering enemy animations such as them turning around and aiming at you.

i didnt have that problem. but i did see the a missle mutant walking backwards on the level where you have no ammo/there is a waterfall.

Originally posted by Stiler
Among the sound bug where it repats the gunsound even after the guy is dead and dropped his gun. [/B]

Ugh, that was the worst.

I noticed that Krieger always looked like he had his OICW pointed to the ground but still managed to hit me with every burst. That was very annoying.

But the biggest bug IMHO was the sometimes stupid AI. I'd walk up to a couple guys and they'd look right at me and not do anything. Pop a round in their crotch, and they still didn't care. Oh and Val's AI SUCKED!!!

Otherwise an EXCELLENT game!

Yeah val was absolute crap, I had to put her down several times she pissed me off so bad. ie ( I kill 2 guys coming up behind me and shooting me then she says we got someone right on our tail! Thanks you stupid bitch!

Originally posted by auxout
Yeah val was absolute crap, I had to put her down several times she pissed me off so bad. ie ( I kill 2 guys coming up behind me and shooting me then she says we got someone right on our tail! Thanks you stupid bitch!
lol

Interestingly enought this exact same thing happend to me today. I was wondering where these shots were coming from...Then I figured it out. The guy with his back toward me was the one shooting at me. Very weird luckily this is the first time it has happend and hopefully the last.

Back