Anyone else enjoy ASUS' RMA process?

I sent them my motherboard and monitor before. Everything went flawless. I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

He said Asus headquarters was a good repair center. I paraphrased below in context to whom he was replying to:

Yes Asus HQ is better then the other one. You dont really have a choice in the matter though. All Graphics cards, Notebooks, Desktops, and Motherboards go to the Jeffersonville center.

I had to send my 5970 in twice. The first time it came back unfixed with no notes. The second time they lost it. Then a few weeks after providing a tracking number they found it and I was told they couldn't fix it so they would exchange it with a 6970 or gtx 570. I told them that was unacceptable so after about a month they sent me GTX 590 Which other than taking almost 3 months at this point I was happy. Turns out the GTX 590 they sent was also bad, so i sent it back. Several weeks later i get it back with no notes and not fixed again. At this point I give up, I would rather flush a $600 GPU down the toilet than deal with the cluster fuck of this ASUS rma.

I have been without a GPU since September 13.

I'll take that 590 off your hands if you don't want it. :D I think I can fix it...

I'll let you know if that was reliable by this weekend.

Just as I suspected, not everything went as promised. I received an email on Tuesday (2/14) that my motherboard had shipped. (more than a week after I received verbal confirmation that they would ship me a new motherboard.) I have not yet been given a tracking number despite repeatedly being told I would receive one. Its day 4 since the email and still no Motherboard. Next week will mark the 7th week in my saga.

..just a suggestion to unsatisfied customers, look into warranty laws in your state, you might have a remedy at hand,

thanks.now i know to never buy asus again :p
is MSI and GIGABYTE good in need to rma something?

Hi guys,
As I mentioned earlier in another post I am attempting to get my money back.
In Australia it seems that I can if the product has a "major fault" Personally I would think if the board is bent due to the memory sockets being soldered poorly that they should not resolder it as the board was damaged in production. Remember these boards are multi layered boards so a solder iron really doesn't cut it.

Have a look at the poor memory socket joins and the poor accuracy in their manufacture.
Here's a link.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/f...rint=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0
would like to know your views on this problem

Cheers

Last edited:
I don't think any of those 'issues' with your memory sockets could cause problems.
1. the joint between the socket and the board is fine. The pins from the sockets go through the board... So there's no connection issue.
2. wiggle in your memory sockets is normal.
3. the angle of your sockets will also wiggle.
4. You were 'rocking' your memory in the socket and expected your pc to NOT freeze? Sorry it doesn't work like that.

Bought refurbished monitor with 1 year warranty from newegg. Was DOA upon install. Followed RMA process and submitted PDF with receipt. They respond with Invoice for out of warranty monitor. Responded that it was a refurbished and has a 1 year warranty. They ask for proof of purchase again. IT's a f*&(% circle. My hourly cost to talk to them is more than the cost of a new monitor . Nobody should by there stuff anymore!

wow, you actually got your board back still broken in only 3 weeks?!?

that is actually stellar performance for ASUS RMA

Bought refurbished monitor with 1 year warranty from newegg. Was DOA upon install. Followed RMA process and submitted PDF with receipt. They respond with Invoice for out of warranty monitor. Responded that it was a refurbished and has a 1 year warranty. They ask for proof of purchase again. IT's a f*&(% circle. My hourly cost to talk to them is more than the cost of a new monitor . Nobody should by there stuff anymore!

Since it was DOA from Newegg, you should have Newegg cross-ship you another one. And also make sure they give you a free return shipping label.

Doing an RMA to the mfg for a DOA item is pointless.

I've had pretty awful experiences with the ASUS RMA process as well. Going to start giving other companies my dollars, it's just not worth the hassle.

I think its kinda informative to hear updates to specific vendor RMA process. ;) I always seriously consider this when making purchase although I hope to never use it..

Ok, since the original post was 4 years ago, did ASUS RMA/Service got better since then? or is it still pretty crappy? Just asking because I just build a rig with all ASUS stuff.

I rolled around on the floor with my ASUS ROG G751, shitfaced, the bezel popped off at the bottom of the screen, the retailer sent it to ASUS (sweden I might add) and it came back with alot of new parts. Total cost = 0. Somehow they fixed it under warranty. I'd say that's pretty good service.

Ok, since the original post was 4 years ago, did ASUS RMA/Service got better since then? or is it still pretty crappy? Just asking because I just build a rig with all ASUS stuff.
I had to wait a whole month to get my video card replacement recently. They said they didn't have it in stock. The problem was they kept me waiting and waiting without saying anything to me. I had to contact them so many times and finally got the replacement for it. SO I will refuse to purchase any Asus product after that experience.

Solomutt
you do know asrock=asus??

@all
i had +30 computers (built for myself) in the past 15y, and almost all were running asus/asrock boards.

-in 2005 a cheap psu killed my asus board.
was repaired for free and returned (in working condition) within 2 weeks.
-my 2.5y old asus moni has issues, asus offered to cover shipping cost both ways (2nd day fed ex) to fix it (declined, since the black screen i sometimes got when switching inputs, didnt bother me that much).

not one of the msi/gigabyte boards i "tried" in the past 5-6y (for my or other builds) worked without problems.

now my question: why would i care to buy the brand that has better (rma) service,
vs buying the better "quality" product (so i dont have to return it in the first place)?!

AND: almost everything that is "man made" can fail. just ask NASA ...

need to start working in a pc shop again, so im up-to-date ;-)
but i still do prefer asus anyway..

Back