Anyone else deal with ArtofWarCentral for game servers?

JonDoms

Gawd
If you did please post your experience.

Here's what I went through:

I was recommended to them from a friend of a friend who uses them.
I signed up in March 06 for a 6 months 24 man ranked server and used paypal as a method of payment. On AoWC website they have an option to pay 6 months and link you to paypal to do so. During the checkout in Paypal, they don't list any other option to pay them then subscription and it was based monthly. So I asked AoWC "Customer Service" about this and they said oh no we will not charge you again. Turns out when you call their main number, no matter what option you put in it bounces you to tech support. If you ask for billing they will give you an excuse. The first one they gave me was they were out to lunch. The 2nd was they went home. The 3rd excuse was oh the phones are down to their department. When asked for their direct numbers the customer support person aka tech said they don't have a direct line, you have to e-mail them. So bottom line there is no billing department.
Well April rolls around and they charge me again for 6 more months. I called paypal and put in a request to not pay them. Paypal investigated and came back with, " since you did not purchase a hard good and only a service through a subscription" you are SOL and out another $480. I was shocked!
I called my bank and told them what's going on and they refunded my money and cancelled payment to Paypal / AoWC eventually. Paypal then suspended my account for several months until I called them up and talked to someone who said ok we'll just send you out a letter to verify your home address.

6 months go by and new releases of BF2CC rolls out. I asked them to upgrade to the latest and they said they will do it. It never gets done.

I get an e-mail recently stating that they are billing me for another 6 months.
I wrote back I want to cancel. They replied you have to do it though their website and in game management system. So I go ahead and do that, but the cancel date is set for March of 2007!! :fmad: :rant:

Their policy is to cancel before 7 days of the next billing cycle. But they sent me the billing notice 5 days before. How conveniant of them.

I called them up today and asked to speak with the billing department. Well I knew how that was gonna go. So the Customer support guy (tech) said that this is tech support and I can't help you. :rolleyes: Surprise surprise.

So I ask him what happens if I do not pay. He said usually 10 days after the end date they will just shut off the server. I ask him will they send collections after me. He said usually no but he's only tech support.

So now it's a wait and see game.

Anyone deal with these scammers?
What can I do to stick it to them?
Anyone live in Georgia?

Similar experiences with other server providers?

I had the same paypal problem with another company Sys-techs, but a simple phone call to them fixed the problem.

i played on artofwarcentral server and they are pretty slick , seems like its a small company from what i read

i hope you settle this

Back