Anyone else cant hear some sounds with X-Fi? Help Plz

LiquidX

2[H]4U
I finally got my X-Fi extream music and I thought it would be a big difference and it is but I have a problem in the fact that I cant hear some of the sounds very loud like I did with my Audigy 2 and Realtek onboard.

Take this pic for example, with my A2 and onboard I would be able to hear everything going on around me. There is a fire fight on that bridge and artillery dropping a few yards over as you can see but its not loud and if your back was turned you would never know what was going on while all the sound just in front of me is very clear and loud. There just doesnt seem to be a commotion of sounds in every direction like I felt with the A2 and onboard sound. EAX with my Realtek was amazing because I could every every damn thing.
sound0mj.jpg

BF2 sound options are on max, the X-Fi is in game mode, I have went through every setting on and off and nothing seems to bring in distant sounds very defined like before. All the speakers are working from doing tests. And its not only BF2. In GTA:SA I could hear the tires on the pavement and wind speed while on a bike but now I can hardly hear any of that.

I just cant stand all the tinkering you have to now do. :mad: Anyone else having this issue or any help on this please?

Are you sure you were *supposed* to be hearing those distant sounds so clearly before?

The 'problem' most people site with the Realtek onboard solutions is that their "depth" is off in 3d games...everything sounds like it's right up next to you, regardless of how far away it is.

The advanced EAX modes actually do some work to simulate distance. Compression effects when something is moving toward you or away from you, environmental audio culling, etc.

I dunno, don't have an X-Fi *or* Battlefield 2, but it may well be working as designed.

You can also reduce the EAX environment modified effects by moving the EAX slider to a lower position in your game mode control panel.

dderidex said:
Are you sure you were *supposed* to be hearing those distant sounds so clearly before?

The 'problem' most people site with the Realtek onboard solutions is that their "depth" is off in 3d games...everything sounds like it's right up next to you, regardless of how far away it is.

The advanced EAX modes actually do some work to simulate distance. Compression effects when something is moving toward you or away from you, environmental audio culling, etc.

I dunno, don't have an X-Fi *or* Battlefield 2, but it may well be working as designed.

If thats the case I think I liked the A2 and Realtek better. I cant get myself to believe its by design like you say though because those sounds brought you more into the game and many are practically gone with the X-Fi. I was just playing BF2 and a jet was shooting at me and I could not hear the bullelts coming at me but I could its engines. I will wait for some others to ring in but it might be by design like you say.

BBA said:
You can also reduce the EAX environment modified effects by moving the EAX slider to a lower position in your game mode control panel.

Did this with basically everything and still nothing. :(

Back