Anyone doing VFIO with a 2XXX or 3XXX series GPU?

Smoblikat

Limp Gawd
Hello all, working on a very tiny little GUI for this script:

https://github.com/Matoking/NVIDIA-vBIOS-VFIO-Patcher

Its just a drop down box with a pre-made regex thats appropriate for the generation of card youre using (I calculated the offsets based on ROMs I got from techpowerup). I only own cards from the 900 and 1000 series, so I have no way of actually testing the generated ROM to see if the footer is stripped correctly to allow for passthrough.

If anyone would be willing to send me their specific rom (or a link to it from techpowerup) I could patch it and send it back for you to test on a VM, alternatively (or in addition to) I could send you a copy of the original script modified to work with your gen of card, so you can patch it yourself.

I would also be interested in testing older cards too if someone has one they wanted to play with, currently I have offsets for the 700, 900, 1000, 2000, and 3000 series.

Thank you,
Smoblikat

Untitled.png

I'm pondering doing a VFIO build with Salient OS (Arch) & Windows 10. Biggest headache will be P2V & working through every step to make it work right.

I'm pondering doing a VFIO build with Salient OS (Arch) & Windows 10. Biggest headache will be P2V & working through every step to make it work right.

P2V shouldnt be that bad, a fairly "universal" solution is to clone your physical box with somthing like clonezilla, create a VM with a blank VHD the same size as your physical HDD and attach a CD drive with a clonezilla ISO. From there you can either choose to store the captured image on a CIFS mount, or you can directly pass the USB drive containing the image to the VM. If cloning physical windows to virtual, dont forget to sysprep/generalize your image first.

Back