Anyone dealed with MSI rebates before?

Just got an update for my 100usd rebate card for my laptop and it doesn't exactly say approved.
Should I be worried?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-02-14-26-10-051_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-02-14-26-10-051_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 0
Sounds like it was probably denied. Just resubmit with what they ask for once you get the letter.

I had a rebate from a X58 chipset motherboard (still chugging along) from MSI ages ago. Sorry, I don't remember the process.

Rebates and/or free shit with products are just scams. It's almost always farmed out to a shady fly by night third party that makes you jump through hoops and bend over backwards to get whatever pittance the manufacturer promises you.

In some cases, the manufacturer is extra slimy and slips in a "terms and conditions" item where claiming the rebate alters your warranty position, and before warranty protection laws, void the warranty entirely. I've had both happen multiple times, as well as retailers like Newegg try to deny my RMAs for defective product, or subtract huge sums of money from defective products because of the rebates or free stuff they tie to the product you can't opt out of. Other times, they'll do a catch-22 and require something like the physical barcode / serial number from the product box to redeem the rebate and later void any RMA you try because "the barcode or serial number is missing."

Years ago, I bought a 7970 GHz Edition card from Newegg that came with a "free" scratch off game card to redeem on AMD's website. The card was VERY bad, grey streaks on the desktop and polygonal corruption in games. When I tried to RMA the card, they immediately docked either $100 or $120 for the game card. I knew this was coming and didn't use the "free" game cards. I had to call up customer support and fight with them to prove I didn't use the cards. Otherwise, I was going to have to fork over an additional $100-120 to get the card RMA'd. They RMA'd me a shit used refurb card that was even more broken, so I sent it all back, demanded a refund and told them to go pound sand. Got an R9 280x from elsewhere.

When I did a MSI rebate in 2018 they sent me an email every time the status changed, including one saying that payment had been mailed.

Seasonic rebate was nice to me, it says to read details carefully i missed part of the barcode or some shit on it but, had me mail something in and i did get my debit card rebate! i just did another one and tried to not make the same mistake. i should check in on that next week

This rebate was a paperless one were you just send the picture of your invoice, and box label, maybe something else, so hopefully everything is fine.
Guess I'll check the post office this Saturday to see if it came or not. Want to get the parts to install a 2nd m.2 slot on my GL65 Leopard MSI decided to leave off.

Roflmao, getting the rebate but someone or thing FUBARed my address by mismashing it with the shipping address I used to have the laptop delivered to and the GENERAL DELIVERY I use for mail and the rebate registration. Don't have to worry about someone using my card since the address was deemed undeliverable.
Calling MSI Rebate services and the card issuers was pleasantly painless.
Now hopefully the card comes in within 2 weeks so I don't waste a trip to the post office.

One thing I learned with rebates, watch that billing address and shipping address. If they are different, they may deny it. I fought Gigabyte on that note one time, they caved and sent the rebate. Glad to hear you are getting your rebate.

One thing I learned with rebates, watch that billing address and shipping address. If they are different, they may deny it. I fought Gigabyte on that note one time, they caved and sent the rebate. Glad to hear you are getting your rebate.
I had to change my billing address to my shipping one because Newegg couldn't accommodate a General Delivery one and change it back after the order. I used the GD address for the rebate registration but I guess they used most of the address invoice, jumbled it up, and used the zip code of the GD address.
Would like to see future rebates directly deposited in a account.

People like to bash rebates, but I've used them on almost every build I've ever done and have never had a problem not getting them, you just have to follow the directions. Oh wait, I take that back. There was one time I didn't get a rebate I submitted. 3 years later I found the envelope under the passenger seat of my car. Yeah, that one didn't go through.

Ive been doing the same since the late 90s and have yet to miss out on one(knock on wood). Some have been in the hundreds of dollars. The last msi rebate ive sent in was back in 2012 or 13 for a mb. It showed up within the 6 to 8 week window as promised. I have always kind of taken them on as a challenge. A me against the MAN kind of thing 🤣!

Back