Anyone bsod vista yet?

twice, installing ext2/3 file system drivers, it just does not like linux filesystems *sigh* I was at least hoping they would try to attempt to support it, its not like the people who do development on them close the source code.....:rolleyes:

also isn't vista supposed to be able to recover, from a bsod, cause it defin. rebooted both times, but other then that besides windows 2000 maybe, I am gonna say best windows yet.....

yeah its way more snazz in terms of eye candy then xp, and I like some of the other improvements, its wont replace my beloved Edgy Eft, and but its better then xp for sure...also liking the faster boot as well...

I did get an unresponsive video driver error in a full screen app. I thought it was going to blue screen on me but it just recovered in a couple of seconds and a little message popped up telling me that it had happened and that everything was alright now and would I like to search the web to hear about the issues and solutions?

fab!

I have not had a BSOD yet. It has hung a few times, but it quickly recovered. Incredibly stable and I agree that it is superior to XP. In my mind it is the best Windows OS yet.

Most of the time if it doesn't recover and reboots, its due to driver issues, which are hard to recover from, especially since Microsoft can't predict the behavior and 'misbehavior' of the millions of drivers out there. Its done pretty good and recovering from video driver errors when i was running RC1. Waiting on my 64bit disk before I install the retail version.

Only 1 BSOD and that was on an older computer with BIOS issues.

None on my other machines though :cool:

driver support

Not ALL of us have that issue, and therefore, Vista can BE quite good. I have a manufacturer driver for ALL of my hardware thus far. Don't shitcan the OS because YOU don't. Blame the hardware manufacturer, they have known Vista was coming for, well, years...

EDIT: oops, typo above, FIXED!

LOL, sorry... I've been sitting here chuckling for the last hour, waiting for a reply! :)

Not ALL of us have that issue, and therefore, Vista can BE quite good. I have a manufacturer driver for ALL of my hardware thus far. Don't shitcan the OS because YOU don't. Blame the hardware manufacturer, they have known Vista was coming for, well, years...

EDIT: oops, typo above, FIXED!

Considering you can't utilize the pretty effects of Vista without proper driver support, there's really no reason to upgrade to it in my opinion WTB Nforce 3 chipset drivers.

I've had some blue screens that ended up being resolved by installing a different ATi beta driver back in the RC's. Haven't had one in RTM yet.

BSOD no first boot, reverted back to old install

Formated HD

Reisntalled

BSOD on driver install

Downloaded new drivers from Nvidia

BSOD on tv tuner install

That's all

1 BSOD then auto-restart, it was during the speaker setup stage in media centers setup menu. Probably from Creatives lame beta driver.

multiple BSODs upgrading from XP.

driver issues.

Waiting for disc in the mail instead of using downloaded upgrade.

then some new drivers from nvidia.

....and then hopefully it will not bsod on install.

I've had 4 now, on multiple machines, all related to Creative's/LSI Logic drivers.

That's three more than I've had with XP on my main rig, and I've been using XP since it's launch. :rolleyes: So much for stability.

I've had 4 now, on multiple machines, all related to Creative's/LSI Logic drivers.

That's three more than I've had with XP on my main rig, and I've been using XP since it's launch. :rolleyes: So much for stability.

You roll your eyes as if your blaming Microsoft for Creative's inability to develop Vista drivers properly. Its not like they haven't had plenty of time.

I BSOD'd one of the betas with beta creative drivers, and I bluescreened RTM once with a bad overclock.

You roll your eyes as if your blaming Microsoft for Creative's inability to develop Vista drivers properly. Its not like they haven't had plenty of time.

Honestly, I blame both companies. I didn't have these sort of driver issues when XP came out.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Vista for the most part. I just wish that they had included some basic drivers for Creative products. My SCSI controller I can understand (it's a weird model that I've always had trouble finding drivers for) but Creative sound cards are in a hell of a lot of computers. And it's not just Creative hardware, Vista doesn't even support Realtek audio devices from a couple of years ago out of the box, and they've had Vista beta drivers available for a long time.

Vista has much better built-in driver support than XP. On all of my 3 computers running Vista right now I didnt need to install a single drvier to get basic system functionality and beyond. On one all drivers were properly installed. One another I had to let Windows search online. On the last one I had to download like 2 drivers.

2 BSOD's so far:

1. ATI 550 Tv Tuner. Download the vista driver, goes through the process, BSOD with the Driver IRQ not less or equal.

2. File burning/deleting. Move files over to desktop. Try to burn using the embedded feature. Completed. Go to delete the files from the desktop, elevate rights, hit try again, confirm deletion, it says I do not have permission, even after I elevated to admin. Try it again, confirm, BSOD.

3. Grab windows XP cd...

BSOD getting Notebook Hardware Controller to work in Admin mode.

Im really hating Vista

Honestly, I blame both companies. I didn't have these sort of driver issues when XP came out.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Vista for the most part. I just wish that they had included some basic drivers for Creative products. My SCSI controller I can understand (it's a weird model that I've always had trouble finding drivers for) but Creative sound cards are in a hell of a lot of computers. And it's not just Creative hardware, Vista doesn't even support Realtek audio devices from a couple of years ago out of the box, and they've had Vista beta drivers available for a long time.

Both my x-fi and realtek onboard work.

I was saying that Vista doesn't have very good built in support for current sound devices, not that they wouldn't work.

I did an in place upgrade. No blue screens so far.

My system is an AMD 64 X2 4400+ on a DFI nforce 4 lanparty MB, 2 gb of RAM, SB X-FI Extreme gamer card, 8800GTX.

I've been chipping away at a few issues here and there, but it's been stable.

Mine would BSOD because I found out that 1 of the 2 sticks of ram in my system failed. :(

i've actually had 2 HARD locks...sound skipping, absolutely no function of anything. just a complete freeze. and they've been during kinda random things. last night it was while watching a vid on youtube with firefox and nothing besides windows messenger was open. i'm startin to think its this POS ECS mobo I got. wish i could get somethin better but i can't right now. sigh

i have 3 times in 10 mins. my TV USB tuner doesnt like vista and hyperthreading so i had to disable it

Back