Anyone backorder 3080 RTX through Tiger Direct ?

Has anyone placed an order through Tiger Direct for a 3080 RTX? It appears you can place an order, they will ship it as soon as stock is available. I used to buy PC parts from Tiger Direct back in the days when they had a large presence like Newegg. Did anyone have any success in getting a 3080 from them?

I would search reddit if anyone has received one from them. I purchased one that said 3-4 days delivering but the date lapsed. I called they had no idea when it would, then a reddit post popped up asking if anyone has gotten directions of when they plan on shipping any. These cards are hard enough for the typical 3 so I wouldn't place much hope on TD,office depot or even cdw until the beginning of the year.

I don't think any of the companies doing backorder have been fulfilling them. Not counting direct to the manufacturer themselves, like EVGA with their wait list queue.

Why would anyone order from TigerDirect?

I know a guy who ordered a single GeForce 7800 GT from TigerDirect back in the day, and got a box of 4x GeForce 7800 GT's instead. So I'd buy from TigerDirect hoping for a repeat of that luck. :ROFLMAO:

7800GT22.jpg

Back