Anyone actually have a 650 or 650E Board yet?

For the people that have been through this before, what's the typical timeframe for manufacturers to roll out BIOS updates that support the new X3D processors? Is it usually a launch-day thing or is it something that takes a few days/weeks?

For the people that have been through this before, what's the typical timeframe for manufacturers to roll out BIOS updates that support the new X3D processors? Is it usually a launch-day thing or is it something that takes a few days/weeks?
It depends on the manufacturer. Typically come around the date the CPUs. Usually before.

Manufacturer dependent in my experience. And just because someone releases it will not means it’s stable and bug free.

Usually all of the majors have a bios update a week before, and soemetimes it’s been a few weeks after depending.

hey peeps, techpower up has an indepth 650 roundup. Some of these graphs are surprising

https://www.techspot.com/review/2633-amd-b650-motherboards/

2023-02-21-image-9-p.webp

2023-02-21-image-4-p.webp

They went with the "most affordable" B650 boards so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MSI B650i has extremely noisy sound output. Lots of noise during any sound. and lightly popping the second any sound stops playing. Its completely awful.

Shame, because everything else about the board is great. It boots pretty fast, stable, all of the bios settings work great. Build was easy. But I have to send this back.

So that's 2 boards down. At this point, not sure If I will try another AM5 ITX board or simply sell this 7700x and stick with Intel for now.
The asus gene audio output sucks too, never tried on my b650e-f since I have a separate card with RCA outputs to my powered speakers that I'm using.

Looks like the B650E-F has an X3D compatible BIOS, too. https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b650e-f-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_bios/
I tried out the BIOS flashback function (my first experience with the feature), and it seems to have worked fine. Now I just need to score a processor this week...

I think Asus just dropped all their updates yesterday. My ProArt has one as well and it specifically calls out new CPUs. Copy paste for the notes for every board getting the update.

1. Update AGESA version to ComboAM5PI 1.0.0.5 patch C
2. Improve better performance for AMD new CPUs

Back