Anybody with a Goophone?

matt167

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm having the worst experience with Android. I've had a Galaxy Express 3 ( I think it's a 3, it was a Walmart cheapo ) for about a year.. I basically use it for text messaging, Email and music with Email being most important.. I Reset 3 times and each time it backs itself into a corner with pre installed app updates that I don't use anyway and I get low space notifications and stuff starts breaking. Apps fail to port over to the SD card and it's just a horrible phone.. Windows phone had no issue until Apps dropped the platform.

I'm wondering about a Goophone Iphone clone. I know they run modded Android, but layout and functionality is close to IOS.. I'm not really looking for a 'clone' of anything, just a different layout and hopefully the ability to not have apps update themselves out of space. That and I never really liked the look and feel of Android coming from Windows phone. I won't use any of the Apple specific things if I did shell out for an Iphone. I'm a mechanic and phones live a hard life in a decent case. I've never broken a screen though. I'd like to stay around $100 for a brand new phone

Well you got what you paid for with that thing.

Best $100ish phone is probably the current Moto E, Moto G Play, or Nokia 2. Not sure why you would be interested in any phone bloated up apps and a forked version of Android, let alone a budget phone like that. At least with the the aforementioned phones you're pretty much getting stock Android with decent software support/updates (more so with the Nokia than the Moto probably, Moto seems to not update these budget phones as often as their higher end Z line) and consistent performance. All Android phones basically function (in terms of how they're used, not performance) the same anyways besides their aesthetics, so I wouldn't let that determine what you're buying.

Well, I paid less for both of my Lumia windows phones that I had. and had better experiences with them. I wish there was a way to skin Android as windows phone

I'm having the worst experience with Android. I've had a Galaxy Express 3

This is the problem. Save up if you need to and get a proper Android handset. Those budget phones are an abysmal experience.

I've only ever owned Android flagship devices and they're all great. Oddly enough, the cheapest one I've ever owned at $399 is my current OnePlus5 and it's been the best so far. Compared to the $800+ prices for a flagship Samsung or LG, its a steal.

The OnePlus 5T upped the display game but the price went with it a bit.

To be clear, your problem is NOT an Android problem, its a device problem.

Its like hating on Windows when you buy the $300 special desktop at BestBuy.

I really don't want to buy a hugely expensive phone, I use $35 AT&T prepaid service FWIW. Being a mechanic, thought of breaking. Getting dirty ect... Spending any more than $200 isn't something I could consciously do. I could, but there has to be a positive experience for less than flagship pricing.

T4rd is right. Your best bet is a Moto E phone. Decent phone, clean andriod and no bloat. Should be perfect for what you want. GSM and LTE ready. Look for a 4th gen model or look on swappa for a used Moto G4

When I switched to Cricket, I got the Samsung Galaxy Amp phone. I had to use it until I was sure everything was ported over to the new service, and let me tell you, it was painful.

I use my phone for everything. EVERYTHING. communication, financial, music, movies, you name it. I literally amost melted that phone in my hands.

At the time, i had the LG V10 as my backup, so I had it unlocked and swapped the SIM, and all was fine until I really needed to get away from that phone (too many issues to mention), and went to an iPhone 6s, and now an iPhone 8+ and not looking back.

I won't ever go with cheap phones. Ever.

I actually took the chance and bought a Goophone IX, one of the latest versions. More because I wanted to see how bad it was than actually getting a working phone.. TBH, the phone is nearly an exact 1:1 copy of an Iphone X but that isn't what makes it cool. The UI being modded Android 7.0 works 95% identical to IOS when compared with a friends Iphone. It's not just a launcher it's a very well done UI.. That said, there are functions that cannot be adjusted because the settings menu's are not accessible. I could not get Data to turn on, but after I downloaded Microsoft Launcher I found a backdoor into the needed setting and magically data works.. Cannot SMS right now because I hosed the SMSC number trying to get Data to work and I cannot seem to get it to work again.

All in all, I'll keep it around as a conversation piece, but I doubt I'll keep it as my on hand day to day phone. Either going to get an Iphone 6 or a decent cheaper Android device and I'll rock the MS launcher.

Back