Anybody use Wireguard VPN?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Anybody use Wireguard VPN either at work or home?

I just switched over from OpenVPN and its a HUGE difference in transfer speeds.

I use NordVPN's NordLynx (WireGuard) and it sure beats OpenVPN in almost every way. WireGuard is a game-changer. Swiching from WiFi to mobile network is easy and without interruption, speed is up to 800Mbit/sec if ISP is not throttling UDP traffic, latency in games is between 35-45ms 90% of the time.

I have it set up on my phone to connect to home whenever I'm out. Not really for any kind of security or privacy concerns, but to utilize my Pihole resolver and keep out as much advertising cruft as possible.

I think the only thing I dislike about Wireguard is their insistence that dynamic addressing isn't a worthwhile feature. But that's not a huge deal for small deployments.

It's provided by IPVanish as the main, most secure connection technology, and it works fine on my Windows 10 computers and on my Second Generation Fire TVs.

I have it set up on my phone to connect to home whenever I'm out. Not really for any kind of security or privacy concerns, but to utilize my Pihole resolver and keep out as much advertising cruft as possible.
So much this! ^^^

I use it every day and have been since before it was even mainlined in the kernel. It's how I access my home network when away from the house and like BlueLineSwinger the biggest piece is because of Pi-hole.

I also recently moved work from OpenVPN to Wireguard. So much better. Faster and leaner.

Switched from openvpn to wireguard after android 12 on my LG v60 broke openvpn upload speeds. Wish I had went to wireguard a long time ago.

Anyone compared wireguard vs IPsec? Curious if this will migrate into the enterprise in the future.

Back