Anybody plan on grabbing one of the new RX7xxx Navi cards on launch?

I'm at least mildly curious. It's a pipe dream, but I'd love an announcement that these cards could utilize Nvidia's proprietary DLSS and RTX. Those two things are the main reasons I'm only lukewarm about these cards.

I picked up a 4k OLED monitor last month, running games on my RTX 3080, but would like something more powerful. Not paying $1600+ for a new card, no way. Plus don't want the hassle of the major power draw.

I'm open to the upcoming AMD 7900XT or maybe the RTX 4080

Want to keep my budget @ $999

I'm at least mildly curious. It's a pipe dream, but I'd love an announcement that these cards could utilize Nvidia's proprietary DLSS and RTX. Those two things are the main reasons I'm only lukewarm about these cards.

Did you really say you want amd to use dlss? 😝. That’s kinda of an impossible ask my friend.

DLSS uses Nvidia's proprietary tensor cores. AMD isn't getting ahold of those anytime soon.

Did you really say you want amd to use dlss? 😝. That’s kinda of an impossible ask my friend.

Like I said, it's a pipe dream. Scratching DLSS and (especially) RTX makes me lose interest. I'd rather have a 30-series Nvidia card that has those things (and still pushes 4K/60+ in nearly everything) vs. something objectively stronger that doesn't.

It's come to the point where people would rather have compensations than raw power? Man, the state of GPUs.

It's come to the point where people would rather have compensations than raw power? Man, the state of GPUs.

Plenty of games only support Nvidia's version of RTX. That's also the sticking point for actually needing more raw power. GPU's from 3 years ago can max out most setups if you don't have RTX on. It also doesn't matter if AMD's new cards have 5000% better "ray tracing" if the games people are playing are using Nvidia's proprietary version. Pure power doesn't matter if your old card can already push everything as far as your monitor can take.

Plenty of games only support Nvidia's version of RTX. That's also the sticking point for actually needing more raw power. GPU's from 3 years ago can max out most setups if you don't have RTX on. It also doesn't matter if AMD's new cards have 5000% better "ray tracing" if the games people are playing are using Nvidia's proprietary version. Pure power doesn't matter if your old card can already push everything as far as your monitor can take.
Oh, should have specified DLSS. RTX isn't a compensation.

What's that list of Nvidia excuse RT games look like? I can only think of one or two.

Ray tracing is still far behind NVIDIA going by their info. Raster is close to 4090 but isn’t beating it. I might grab one just because and replace the 6800xt but it won’t be replacing the 4090 I just got it seems.

We'll have to see how much of a perf uplift FSR 3 will bring.

We'll have to see how much of a perf uplift FSR 3 will bring.
Fsr 3 probably also works on rtx 4000 series as well dlss won’t work on Radeon cards. I only care about the raster perf, ray tracing perf, and price. I don’t think this will be close to the 4090 in pricing considering it’s probably still a good 50% off in ray tracing perf. I do like that it’s not the new stupid power connector and not a huge ass card.

Meh. Like I said before. This won't change a thing when it comes to mindshare or market share. Just more of the same from AMD and NV.

They gave NV time to adjust. I bet we see a price drop on 4080.

Was thinking the same. Always thought the RTX 4080 selling for $1200 was crazy.

I bet nVidia drops it to $1099 or maybe they get real competitive and price it @ $949.

But first need to know the performance difference between the 4080 and 7900XTX

I bet nVidia drops it to $1099 or maybe they get real competitive and price it @ $949.

Definitely going to have to see the performance difference. NV will probably have to eat margins on the 4080.

Is the 4080 also using the 12vhpwr adapter/connector? If it is then I know which GPU I'm getting.

Strange to say with the still giant price tag, but AMD went really aggressive from a $1150 6900xt in today dollars to a $900 !! Despite what happened in terms of GPU pricing the last 2 years.

Went was the last time a gen on gen saw that massive of a price cut (20-22%) ?

Could make the rest of that line up quite interesting for the next buy and could force nvidia to revise pricing

I only got my 6800xt last December so not looking to upgrade this time, i need a platform upgrade to take full advantage of my current gpu, let alone a new one.

Back