Anybody out There Still Listening to Music on AM or FM Radio?

Driving a car today with SiriusXM, wow are they using a 32KBPs MP4 encoder from 1996? Every song is the swish swish swish of poor compression.

The majority of factory antenna are straight up trash for integrated systems. I got a third party one and all the poor signal quality went away.

I don't really listen to music on the radio, but talk radio and baseball games, I'm all over on the local mega AM station. Nothing more exciting than sitting around some afternoon and listening to a baseball game.

Sometimes I'll listen to FM in the car, but mostly I stick to the 'silence is golden' mantra. I hear enough noise all throughout the day and night that my time in the car becomes a time to just be present - which also serves the dual advantage of noticing the texting driver before he/she sideswipes me.

For the more appropriate opposite question: Is anyone out there even willing the pay for radio through XM? Not me, nope.

I listen to FM radio in the car, but only 1 station as they have a great mix of music ranging from the 80s until the early 2000s. When I'm at home or on the go (outside of my car) I listen through Spotify, but sometimes can get tired of my playlists even if they are hundreds of songs each.

The majority of factory antenna are straight up trash for integrated systems. I got a third party one and all the poor signal quality went away.

I assumed satellite was digital all or nothing. So if you get a crap antenna from GM penny pinching you get some lower grade stream? Or is SiriusXM not digital at all?

I assumed satellite was digital all or nothing. So if you get a crap antenna from GM penny pinching you get some lower grade stream? Or is SiriusXM not digital at all?

Turns out that There is a reason for the XM. While it is "technically" satellite radio, the signal you are getting isn't necessarily. Sometimes you are getting a satellite and sometimes you are getting an FM repeater. Basically depending on which signal is strongest in your area and which of your receiver antenna are crap can completely change your experience. So yes GM penny pinching dicks you over and yes XM isn't quite the true digital signal they claim either. I discovered this when I had it for long time in an area and it worked perfectly, then I moved to another and it just never worked despite having clear sky line of sight due to it being a repeater area and my factory repeater antenna was apparently utter trash.

I know I'm in the minority but I tend to prefer radio. I have no desire to manage playlists.

My local radio station has a funny morning show I enjoy on the way to work and then I listen to music \ npr between jobs or on the way home.

I listen to AM for Michael Berry, Walton and Johnson, etc., NPR on occasion, and some local country stations on FM.

Yeah i do while I aim the rabbit ears on my television and my wife beats our clothes against a rock

Wow, dead thread resurrection. We must hurting for entertainment. :D
My 2014 Ram pickup factory AM/FM/XM sat radio was the worst; would not pick up even close station. When I replaced it with a aftermarket unit I was amazed how it pulled in even far away station. I had more radio station than I could listen to.

Then it occurred to me that likely the factory AM/FM unit sucked so they could entice people to purchase XM satellite radio subscriptions. No thanks bub......

Back