Anybody noticing Google Play Music using excessive bandwidth?

ComputerBox34

[H]F Junkie
Should have been looking at my daily reports from my firewall more closely

Screenshot_2013-08-09-19-42-09_zpsb01857eb.png

What the fuck man. Had an option to cache all music while charging and on wifi automatically checked off. How do you go through 143 GB in bandwidth on a 16 gb device?

I'm seeing the same thing. Are they streaming with 24bit/192khz uncompressed .WAV files? :)

I've stopped using Google Play Music.

Ive yet to notice this and ive had it since All Access came out, in the last 9 days ive got only 545mb down, with quite a bit of streaming

Ive yet to notice this and ive had it since All Access came out, in the last 9 days ive got only 545mb down, with quite a bit of streaming
That's the weird thing - haven't streamed anything on this device. There must be some bug with the "Cache while plugged in and WiFi" option that causes it to never stop caching.

Need to look on the Google product forums to see if it's been reported yet.

So it was your Verizon account that made them think "lets bundle this!"- at $10GB overage you just mortgaged your house ;)

I won't allow Google Music to stream unless I'm on Wifi, and even then I watch it closely.

This stems from an incident earlier this year... I had just switched to Straight Talk on an AT&T SIM, and we all know what data nazi's they are. I went on an overnight trip to a relative's and listened to music all night through Google Music. Well the next day my data got throttled to shit... like 56k speeds. I went and checked data usage on the phone and freakin' Google Music had used almost 1GB!

I'm back on T-Mobile's 5GB $30 a month plan now, but you better believe I'm still careful with Google Play Music. I try and keep most of my stuff on the handset itself, even though I'm on a 16GB Galaxy Nexus... so no SD card expansion. :(

This screenshot was taken on a Nexus 7.

No people's wallets were harmed in the making of this photo

Back