anybody knows whats up with LG W2220P ?

almonime

n00b
Hi folks.

does any 1 have any reliable info about this model ?

i've red that w2420p was canceled and that w2220p delayed to september or october

looked for more conformation, found ... nada.

anybody can shed some light about this ? my money is burning a hole in my pocket.
i feel the itch in my hands ... n e e d___a___n e w___s c r e e n___m a m a

thanks in advance.

W2220P is on my radar screen. LG Flatron if they have nice panels are beautiful monitors and this is no exception.

I looked at the Dell 2209WA as a replacement for my 19" CRT Hitachi but it just doesn't have what I want.

The LG Flatron looks much better and we will see how the reviews are and how they compare and if any other competitors use this panel.

No clue as to when the LG W2220P will be out. Likely soon if it comes out considering other vendors like NEC are shipping their new models in July.

I asked LG NORDIC about W2420P but they could not say if it was cancelled or not. Lets hope for the best.....

Yes the NEC E222W was one of them. I don't believe this is an IPS Panel however, but I am not sure.

NEC these days has very high quality LCD's on certain models if they have the IPS panels.

NEC has new models for 22" coming so if the E222W is not IPS, then its possible they could also use the IPS on another line.

The EA line is one step above the E line so my guess is IF NEC does do a 22" IPS it could very well be the EA222Wsomething as somehow I doubt E222W is going to be an LG IPS. I asked NEC about this panel and will see if I will get a response to if they are using the IPS 22" panel in their line of monitors.

Dell had first dibs on this LG Panel for 22" with IPS and in June it looks like third party sellers are now selling the panels so this should open this panel up to more monitor vendors and the next models should definitely see more 22" IPS models on the market in the coming months. Completely expected.

Therefore with NEC coming out with new models for July, and the like, my guess is the new models will come by September at latest.

The LG Factories are huge facilities and have the capacity to scale these 22" panels. As we have seen loads of people have purchased those panels in the Dell line and most seemed to fare well.

This 22" LCD panel is the cream of the crop, just like back in the days when the 20" IPS were the best.

Sony used to have superb tube technology and on its laptops does tend to have a well regarded LCD, however I still believe those are TN panels. I may also check out the Sony line of monitors but I don't know if they will have an IPS model in the future. As of now they are not.

Im really trying to cherry pick the best monitor with the 22" IPS panel since 24" is too big and even a 22" is a stretch to replace my 19" CRT with.

The Dell is a mainstream monitor and is good for the masses but I would rather pay a few bucks more and get something that is better.

Spoke to NEC, the E222W is not an IPS panel and they have no clue if any IPS will be released in the 22" form but as of today they don't.

Last edited:
Spoke to LG and they tell me the W2220P is going to be sold in Europe only but they didn't really know.

If it is not out by September, one can assume that the Dell 2209WA is the only 22" IPS panel on the market and could very well stay that way.

I find it odd they would sell the model in Europe only. We will find out by September at latest.

Urgh, I really want the W220P. If it is only released in Europe that is a bummer :(. I think the market for monitors with that small of a dot pitch is low. I would absolutely love it though.

I am waiting for the next line of models to come out. Panel technologies consistently evolve around us.

I am skipping the Dell 2209WA which I believe is not even an LED backlight which will become the norm for monitors.

The LG W2220P if released in the USA would be nice however I am not in any rush to buy as this 10 year old Hitachi CRT is still working though has a few electrical glitches.

I will likely shop when the next line of panel technology and monitors come out. This crop including the Dell 2209WA is not up to the standards I am looking for right now. If I needed a new monitor and bought a computer, then the Dell 2209WA would be the obvious choice. But since I have a working CRT, I will wait for the ideal panel and monitor to come around and so far I have not seen it.

As of today the panels for 22" with decent technologies are:

LGD e-IPS LM220WE4 1680x1050 6ms G2G 1000:1 300 178/178 16.7m
Samsung S-PVA LTM220CS01 1920x1200 6ms G2G 1000 : 1 300 178/178 16.7m
Samsung S-PVA LTM220M3 1680x1050 6ms G2G 1000:1 300 178/178 16.7m

Considering the LG had the better resolution, it was obviously a different grade of LM220 panel considering Samsung has 2 grades of S-PVA panels at the moment and apparently it hasn't been released yet.

S-PVA vs IPS debate, I won't get into but these are the cream of the crop as far as the 22" line goes right now.

As I wait another year or two, hopefully better technologies will emerge for me to choose from. Still not good enough for me to replace my 19" CRT just yet.

Seems that Samsung F2380 (cPVA whatever that is..) will be at online-shops 3rd July in Sweden. Now we just have to wait for some reviews...

$328.83 for the Samsung F2380 with cPVA from Provantage right now for the 23". Says special order, will likely be available shortly.

It does look like new models are due out and I won't bite till awhile yet since new models with what I am looking for are still not available.

The 2009 line of monitors is in process of being rolled out and introduced from various makers as we speak. Lots of new green technologies to choose from, but the choices with quality panels still seems to be limited so far. A german maker has a 22" with the IPS Panel but unfortunately the brand is not available in the USA.

Last edited:
Hello guys

i bought this monitor yesterday, so if you have any questions...

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

m5.jpg

m6.jpg

Two day on my desk after 2 U2410 returned because green pink.

Here, Croatia it is 1/3 price of Dell U2410 and 25% less then 2209WA.

Picture and monitor is amazing. Worth every one of 225€.

Cheers,

Marin

Two day on my desk after 2 U2410 returned because green pink.

Here, Croatia it is 1/3 price of Dell U2410 and 25% less then 2209WA.

Picture and monitor is amazing. Worth every one of 225€.

Cheers,

Marin
So, no tinting issues on the W2220P? I had no idea this monitor was available and was that cheap here. I'm waiting for the new 24" HP IPS but if it turns out anything like Dell U2410 I might as well get this LG instead. Shame they cancelled the 24" model.

How is the uniformity, black levels etc?

On default settings black crush, but some tweaking (did not read the manual yet, can't find one :p) and everything on Lagom http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php is visible :cool:.

I am waiting for calibrator to see color reproduction measured.

Power led can be turned off and other buttons do not lit at all so it better then Dell's.

This monitor is great! If you dont live in USA.

Cheers,

Marin

Ive heard this is a slight "upgrade" to the 2209WA, I'm considering having this as my main monitor and the 2405fpw as secondary, hopefuly this won't bee too much neck strain heh.

dsc1245.jpg

dsc1255.jpg

dsc1257.jpg

the viewing angels are quite bad, if you look from upside down, standing
but watching movies from a bean bag is pleasing:)

w2220p.jpg

Last edited:
I'm also interested in this monitor. Particularly the viewing angles.

The images posted above, they seem to be from a different monitor. Here's what 'my' LG Flatron W2220P-SF looks like:

LG-W2220P.jpeg

I don't own one yet, but since it appears to conform to my wishes, it's exactly what i was looking for: an IPS-monitor no larger than 22" with 1680x1050 resolution, digital interface and good viewing angles. The 5ms response time also appears to be decent.

I didn't find a good review of this monitor though - anyone had more luck? Google is covered with price-comparison sites. :(

I got the W2220P-BF (Black Frame) as well, but the default profile, the one installed with driver is not so good... it makes the black level look worst, ads more banding and the colors or less detailed on certain nuances. I disabled it, now I use the one managed by my video-card which ads a significant improvement but still to bright...

It realy needs some calibrated profile, done with a good calibrator. The ones based on light profiles can bring the best accuracy, like:

- one on a dark room with no external light source
- one on artificial light, but unfortunately this is not worth sharing cause it works right only for the user who made the calibration, since the intensity of the light may be different from my artificial light source.
- three profiles made on natural light, 1 on a sunny day, 1 one a day with sun behind clouds and 1 in a rainy day. This on room with usual curtains.

For now, I'd be satisfied even with a general calibrated profile, but one that's done right. :( Did any of you had any luck with that, please.... :(

Back