Anybody heard anything good/bad about the Asus M2N-MX?

VulturEMaN

Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131040

No reviews, no sites have touched it.

It has the PCIe1x in a spot where you could get away with a dual slot cooler too.
It has 10/100/1000 ethernet cause it's the 430 chipset.

2 things that I don't understand about it:

6100 onboard video instead of 6150, which is normally on the 430 chipset...typo?
No manual on Asus's website?!?!

It looks good, but I want answers first :p

I'm gonna buy one if nobody else has early december, but I figured that someone out there jumped on this great looking board.

A. Why in the heck are you considering a board this far in advance if you are buying in December? Things change, new boards come out....

B. IIRC manuf's can mix and match the 410/430 chips with either the 6100 or 6150 depending on what I/O they want to give you. I've built a system using the Asus AM2 6150 board, went fine. No O/C though.

C. A low-end Core 2 Duo will kick this system's ass for the same amount of money today, and be an even better deal when Core 2 Quad chips are out in November. AMD will have to give away their X2 chips for free to stay competitive unless they can answer with something real, aka not 4x4.

[LYL]Homer said:
A. Why in the heck are you considering a board this far in advance if you are buying in December? Things change, new boards come out....

B. IIRC manuf's can mix and match the 410/430 chips with either the 6100 or 6150 depending on what I/O they want to give you. I've built a system using the Asus AM2 6150 board, went fine. No O/C though.

C. A low-end Core 2 Duo will kick this system's ass for the same amount of money today, and be an even better deal when Core 2 Quad chips are out in November. AMD will have to give away their X2 chips for free to stay competitive unless they can answer with something real, aka not 4x4.

1. Why A, B, C? :rolleyes:

2. I'm looking at it in advance because not too many more m-atx boards will be coming out before then. I PREDICT IT! :p

3. Yea...I'm just hoping that picking the 6100 was some strategic move to make it a strong OCer :D

4. Current Core2 Duo m-atx boards are teh junk. I haven't heard anything good about them at all.

Back