Anybody have some number on 465 gtx 3-way SLI ???

I hope if this gets reviewed they also factor in power consumption to figure out at what point tri-SLI of lesser cards probably costs more for less performance than SLI of the bigger cards?

The GTX 465 consumes just as much or more power as a 470, performs a lot worse and is only $80 cheaper. Given those facts and the fact that Tri-SLI doesn't scale well. It would make a LOT more sense to go with 470 SLI than 465 Tri-SLI.

470 SLI = $700 ($350 retailx2), better scaling
465 Tri-SLI = $840 (280 retailx3), worse scaling, and worse heat, power consumption, and noise than the 470 SLI.

In other words 465 Tri-SLI doesn't make any sense from a monetary or performance point of view.

"Unfortunately, for the time being the GTX 465 retails for a bit more than we would be willing to pay for the performance it delivers and the power it consumes. It’s the right card at the wrong price in a market where consumers are demanding more gaming value for their money."
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...32672-asus-geforce-gtx-465-1gb-review-23.html

Why in God's name would anyone do 3-way SLI with this shitty card...

Why in God's name would anyone do 3-way SLI with this shitty card...

Maybe so they can have a bumper sticker on their car that says:
I bought THREE GTX 465's

I wouldn't want to fuck with that guy. He crazy!

Maybe so they can have a bumper sticker on their car that says:
I bought THREE GTX 465's

I wouldn't want to fuck with that guy. He crazy!

That's a pretty big ePeen too!

Anyway, I would like to see some numbers as well, heat, power draw and all that.

That's a pretty big ePeen too!

Sorry, that's not epeen, that's eStupido. I can respect someone who is hardcore and wants to go GTX480 3-way sli (even with the scaling issues). But GTX 465 3-way Sli? That person should NOT be allowed to reproduce. EVER.

Back