Anybody have cheap power, or access to a datacenter?

FNtastic

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a beast of a machine that I'd like to put towards BOINC for the [H] team. The trouble is that I have nowhere to power it right now. I've only managed to find out that there are inexpensive datacenters in Europe. I'd like to avoid shipping a fully loaded 4U server with 8 blades across the ocean to some unknown entity. So, I'd like to ask if anyone is in a situation where they have access to a lot of power for little to no cost, or if you know of or have access to any really good deals at datacenters.

The box will be filled with 16 Xeon E5-2660 ES chips (or equivalent, the cores fluctuate as all 16 chips aren't exactly the same model). They will be 100% dedicated to BOINC. Occasionally, I might use a few of the cores to test some virualization stuff. So, approximately 320 threads on average toward BOINC. I've already purchased a ton of RAM to install in this machine. Just need a place to power it up! Thanks for reading. Looking forward to helping out!

Overall power usage for the whole system under full load would be helpful.

Cheap power ... the holy grail for DCer ... we all wish for it and only an own solar pannel array can deliver.

The next house I buy I will definitely take into consideration solar panels. Enough to power the normal household stuff. Plus at least one or two of these boxes. :)

I installed 39 325 watt panels on the roof of my TX home last spring just before heading to CO for the summer. It's a grid tied system. Wish they gave 1 to 1 like they used to. At least during sunny days when I get back it should help some with my farm.

I installed 39 325 watt panels on the roof of my TX home last spring just before heading to CO for the summer. It's a grid tied system. Wish they gave 1 to 1 like they used to. At least during sunny days when I get back it should help some with my farm.
Solar powered BOINC? I like it!

Back