Anybody got any ideas?

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Trying to get a Canon ImageFormula DR-c225 document scanner working with Linux. I'm using Simple Scan and all I get is black pages. I know the scanner is OK because it works like it should under Windows. I've Googled this and all I found was one post by somebody who got it to work by uninstalling then reinstalling Simple Scan but this brought me no joy. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to scanners and Linux. Any body got any ideas? :)

While there was/is a 32bit driver source from Canon for Linux, says there's nothing for 64bit. IMHO, scanner might not be "ok", since it may not work under Linux :)

Trying to get a Canon ImageFormula DR-c225 document scanner working with Linux. I'm using Simple Scan and all I get is black pages. I know the scanner is OK because it works like it should under Windows. I've Googled this and all I found was one post by somebody who got it to work by uninstalling then reinstalling Simple Scan but this brought me no joy. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to scanners and Linux. Any body got any ideas? :)
My scanners have always just worked. I don't think I typically use simplescan, but I scan things so rarely, and when I do I'm often on my windows box.
I would try the gimp and xsane combo on this link...
https://opensource.com/article/18/9/linux-scanner-tools

While there was/is a 32bit driver source from Canon for Linux, says there's nothing for 64bit. IMHO, scanner might not be "ok", since it may not work under Linux :)

Canon support for Linux sucks all the way across the board. Somebody gave me this scanner so I can't really complain.

Think I gave up with mine and just used the wifi print/scan feature with the android app.

So I used inkscape the last time I scanned in Linux. If I recall the option was obvious in the menus. I'll look at my system later and see what I see. I think the scanning protocol is pretty standard, so drivers that work should be baked in.

How'd this work out? New drivers solve all the problems?
Nope. Still no joy. :( The more I research it the more complicated it's become. I loaded sane and the Canon drivers and I'm still getting solid black scans. It's gotta be a config issue but the necessary know how isn't easy to find. :(

Brother multi function printers are supported well under Linux. Although I have got a Canon Lide 200 that works perfectly under Linux, it's literally plug and play and I use Simple Scan.

Back