anybody got an athlon 64 3000

fr33ze

Gawd
just read the artical on the main page comparing intel and amd chips and it doesn't mention anything about how well the athlon 64 3000 overclocks.

has anybody got one yet, what sort of luck have you had?

I have one with an ASUS K8V. I have the FSB at 210mhz. I think that I'm limited buy the AGP port. There is no option to leave it at a fixed 66mhz.

thats a bugger, 100mhz isn't a huge overclock. are there any boards that do let you lock the agp speed

Yea, I bought a retail boxed one the day it came out. I have an ASUS K8T800 Deluxe and the thing is 100% stable at 2350mhz. I can boot and play games at 2400mhz but it overheats and hangs when I run a CPU intensive task like Toast.

My temps peek at 67° C under load. Retail boxed heatsink, air cooling and excessively poor air ventelation.

cpuz.jpg

Oh its because I ran CPU-Z from a network drive, which for some reasons causes the driver (cpuz.vxd) not to load.

Originally posted by old skool
Yea, I bought a retail boxed one the day it came out. I have an ASUS K8T800 Deluxe and the thing is 100% stable at 2350mhz. I can boot and play games at 2400mhz but it overheats and hangs when I run a CPU intensive task like Toast.

My temps peek at 67° C under load. Retail boxed heatsink, air cooling and excessively poor air ventelation.

cpuz.jpg

thats a bit more promising, those temps seems silly high though, i'd love to know what it'd do with better cooling

Back