Anybody getting Tekken 6 next week ?

nightwalker

2[H]4U
I spent so many hours of my life playing the first 3 + tag, but this is so long overdue i think i've lost interest lol, i played it at the arcade almost 2 years ago and it's alright but i don't think it's a 'must have on day one' title for me, maybe when it's on sale.

What's everyone elses thoughts ?

i deliberately didnt play it at the arcades and did lose interest but now youve said its out next week.....

I just saw a commercial on it...I realize Tekken is Tekken..but come on. The one I got from a friend on PSN looks like the exact same thing...

I played the hell out of Tekken 5 on PSN and if I wasn't broke, I'd buy 6 day one. It looks really good and I can't wait to check out the new characters. I do wish they'd put combo breakers in Tekken.. I always chant "ULTRA CHEAP COMBO" to myself a la Killer Instinct every time I get in a 5+ hit juggle.

The online needs to work well for me to even consider it.

I'm taking a wait and see approach. If it gets really nice reviews, I might buy it this year.
T6 is not a day one or even month one purchase for me. I still have to buy UC2.

If the reviews all promised lag free online i'd buy it. If it's like t5 on psn though, I'll never buy it. That lag was just too much for me to deal with.

im in!

PSN id = forsaken. Ill have it launch day.

I thought t5 on PSN was fine, little to no lag as long as you picked games with no microphones.

I'll definitely get it. Although I'm really rusty with the system, I have a passable King, Marduk, Dragunov, and I'm okay with any of the Mishima characters.
About a year ago I was pretty excited about the game, but since it took so long I have lost interest a little.
The problem I had with Dark Resurrection is that throws were looked down upon because break timing was so hard with even a little lag. Problem is - I play all of the grappling characters. No matter whether someone would've broken out of something or not in face-to-face competition, if you throw online people whine.

I'll pick up when it gets cheaper. I don't think I've really exhausted Soul Calibur 4 or SF4 yet.

Played crazy, crazy amounts of Tekken 3 and T3TT back in the day, skipped 4, and played quite a bit of T5:DR online.

Eventually... I'm a big Tekken fan (I have 1-5+tag, plus 5 on the PS3), but Borderlands, Dragon Age Origins, and Mass Effect 2 are higher on the list.

I'm probably picking this up at launch (despite the amount of blockbuster games coming out within a week of each other starting the following week). Probably get the 360 version cause I have sticks for it.

For anyone who's getting it on Amazon, use code "5TEKKEN6" to get the regular edition for $48.99. Pre-orders at most places get a Cardboard Tube Samurai (Penny-Arcade) skin for Yoshimitsu.

I want to see how the online play pans out first. If it's solid I'll probably buy it.

Last edited:
I'm probably picking this up at launch (despite the amount of blockbuster games coming out within a week of each other starting the following week). Probably get the 360 version cause I have sticks for it.

For anyone who's getting it on Amazon, use code "5TEKKEN6" to get the regular edition for $48.99. Pre-orders at most places get a Cardboard Tube Samurai (Penny-Arcade) skin for Yoshimitsu.

sweet, thanks for code, ive had it preordered on amazon for a few months, just reordered it using that code and saved 5 bucks.

ill be getting the ps3 and the psp versions day one (not sure if psp version is out same day)

I played the hell out of Tekken 5 on PSN and if I wasn't broke, I'd buy 6 day one. It looks really good and I can't wait to check out the new characters. I do wish they'd put combo breakers in Tekken.. I always chant "ULTRA CHEAP COMBO" to myself a la Killer Instinct every time I get in a 5+ hit juggle.

There were counters in Tekken. Dont know if they have changed it but not all chars had them.
I didnt know this was coming out. Guess this makes my mind up about canceling mmo's heh. I will play this and when Crackdown 2 comes out, I am going to be busy on that for months.

I played the hell out of Tekken 5 during the first summer I had my PS3 but I've kind of lost my interest in the series.

I'm taking the wait and see approach.

this is like the only console game I actually have genuine "cant wait to buy it" anticipation for
I'm a bit surprised by the lack of pre-release hype though

I guess I don't understand this. If you get hit by a launcher - you deserve to get hit a few more times. Launchers typically leave you open if they're blocked, so there should be some risk/reward. If the other guy could just bounce out...what's the point?
Besides, many combos aren't that easy to do. Would you prefer a single big damage hit that hurt the same amount? I'd rather have a 5-6 hit combo where the guy might miss a hit if his timing is off than to eat the same amount of damage from one shot. The only knock on the combo system is that it can be a little annoying to see your guy bouncing around helplessley for a couple seconds. Still...what's "cheap" about it?

my PS3 just YLOD'd while i was playing uncharted 2. I was so bummed with Ratchet and Tekken coming next week, but my wife let me overnight a PS3 Slim from amazon! saved!

this is like the only console game I actually have genuine "cant wait to buy it" anticipation for

Yeah, they should be putting it out there more, especially considering it's been delayed like FOREVER... this shoulda been a launch title for the PS3 or at least a few weeks after launch like Tekken Tag was when i had my Jap PS2.

Just saw that Best Buy is having a Buy 2 get 1 free on console games priced 59.99 or less next week (10/25-31). Think I'm going to be getting this and Demon's Souls and maybe one more game. Maybe. The Amazon deal is still tempting.

Tekken 5: DR was hit or miss with lag. Matches would either be good or bad. Not a lot of in-between.
Since Tekken requires you to break throws in only a few frames and online, you pretty much can't escape them on reaction unless your connection is perfect...which sucks because many people look down on throwing in any situation. That can lead to a battle of tic-tac safe attacks or a lot of quick low hits...something also looked down upon.
Hopefully Tekken 6 will be a little better. Street Fighter 4 and HD Remix both had much better networking code and came out after Tekken 5 did.

I'd say there is a big hype going on considering how they delayed it. Every gaming forum has a thread or two about Tekken.

I'm getting it for my birthday next Friday.

God I'll be 32, jesus I'm old.

Ha! It does hit you HARD when you stop and realize your age huh?

Happy birthday!

How is the online ? I've heard it's sketchy with frequent input lag.

I hope it's good, online is very important nowadays.

I'll definitely get it. Although I'm really rusty with the system, I have a passable King, Marduk, Dragunov, and I'm okay with any of the Mishima characters.
About a year ago I was pretty excited about the game, but since it took so long I have lost interest a little.
The problem I had with Dark Resurrection is that throws were looked down upon because break timing was so hard with even a little lag. Problem is - I play all of the grappling characters. No matter whether someone would've broken out of something or not in face-to-face competition, if you throw online people whine.

This is EXACTLY where I am right now. I actually became XBL buddies with you as we were gonna play Tekken 6 but the hype has worn off of me simply because it's been so long coming. I still plan on buying it but I'll wait until I've OD'd on Forza 3 and Modern Warfare 2 first.

Game is down to $49.99 at Amazon BTW. Dunno if said coupon still works. *edit* Yup, it does. Just checked, game is $44.99 w/coupon.

i'll be playing tomorrow night. Got it coming in thru amazon, looks really fun.

I'll probably still get it tomorrow, but I'm not as determined as I would've been :) If Best Buy doesn't have it yet, I'll just wait until Wednesday. I have too many other good games right now to be THAT excited about it.

I really hate how game creators do this to us. We get nothing for months and then all of a sudden 20 games hit within a 6-week period. I think we all know that Tekken 6 has been done for a while. The arcade version is essentially running on console hardware. We should've gotten this game back in the Spring.

Oh yeah - I'm also in the "old man club" myself. I'm halfway to 33 and I'm one of only 2 friends that still plays fighting games after spending years in video arcades.

I'll probably still get it tomorrow, but I'm not as determined as I would've been :) If Best Buy doesn't have it yet, I'll just wait until Wednesday. I have too many other good games right now to be THAT excited about it.

I really hate how game creators do this to us. We get nothing for months and then all of a sudden 20 games hit within a 6-week period. I think we all know that Tekken 6 has been done for a while. The arcade version is essentially running on console hardware. We should've gotten this game back in the Spring.

Oh yeah - I'm also in the "old man club" myself. I'm halfway to 33 and I'm one of only 2 friends that still plays fighting games after spending years in video arcades.

almost 31 here, and im the only friend who still plays em. =(

almost 31 here, and im the only friend who still plays em. =(

Shoot 34 here. None of my friends play fighting games anymore. It's MMO's or the occasional FPS. Pre-ordered this when they first came available.

XBL name Nifo Oti, will prolly be a week before I get the courage up to go online with it lol :D

Well, I ended up getting it as Best Buy had a ton of 'em in stock. I didn't see any guides, though. Normally I never buy guides, but having never played Tekken 6, they can be handy with figuring out the new people and new moves at a glance.
There were also a lot of collectors editions sitting there, too.
Fall all of the 360 players, you *WILL* need either a stick or a really good pad to play T6. The 360 controller just isn't going to cut it with this one.

Anyway, I'll be on PSN later, although probably only playing against invites from friends. Knowing Namco, we'll have to do a ton of unlocking :p

ill be on PSN tonight as well with it and im sure i will let you kick my ass in this too domingo.

Gonna be reading tekken zaibatsu from workt ill i get home.

I'm far better at Street Fighter than Tekken, so I'm not so sure.
My SF4 win record was 85%. In Tekken it's closer to 52% :)

Back