anybody getting shuttering in bf4?

akhoundog

n00b
for some time now bf4 has been getting intermittent shuttering, i can't find a pattern on maps or back ground activities. they only last a fraction of a second and only seem to be noticeable when i am changed direction. it's confusing cause im averaging 130+ fps. anyone else getting this? specs below

[email protected] /w h100i
32gigs gskill rapjaw series ram
samsung 840 evo 500gig (os and bf4)
crucial m500 500gig
couple of WD black 4tb drives
gigabyte g1 gtx980 x2

most current drivers and bios

Yes. It appears to be an issue with 900 series cards.

inb4 all of the Hardforum Senior Elite chime in about having no issues.... and being 65 years old.

There is a small chance you could be maxing out your 4GB of VRAM. Might want to monitor your VRAM usage with another program.

I use BF4's console command "DrawScreenInfo" to monitor my VRAM, but I think that only works in Mantle mode

looks like I'm using between 1900 and 2300mb vram depending on map. i haven't seen it go above that (yet). sounds like a 900 series issue, i hope there is a fix soon from nvidia for this and some shadow issues in fc4... even shadows of mordor on ultra is far smoother than bf4.

I too booted up BF4 to see how it looked with my 980's and there is massive stutter for me as well, both single card and sli. Shame really.

Call me crazy but I'm perfectly smooth. Running a 2600k @ 4800mhz, 16 gigs of ram at 2400mhz, 2 Gigabyte g1 980 Gtxs, Windows 7 ultimate, Asus Rog Swift Gsync enabled, everything updated.

My 970m 6GB handles it with no stutters at all.

What OS are you running? Server size and distance? Are you running clean, no programs in the background?

I was having this problem for the longest time until I set "origin ingame disabled". Now runs butter smooth. Gotta love Origin...

I get stuttering regardless of server, happens in the campaign/test range too. I was running fraps but i disabled it as well as the gigabyte OC tool.

windows 8.1

I noticed the same thing starting recently for no apparent reason, sometimes it lasts longer than a fraction of a second though...nothing's changed on my system as far as I know. GTX 760 here.

Haven't tried much other than reinstalling drivers at this point. Might try dropping texture quality and see if it makes a difference, but it's been doing it on maps from before Final Stand that never used to have issues so I don't know if that would be the cause or not. Sometimes I can play for an hour without issue, sometimes I can't play for more than a couple of minutes before I experience hitching lasting anywhere from half a second to a full 2-3 seconds.

Sometimes the whole game will freeze for just a second or two and I ctrl-alt-delete because I think it has crashed but the game is still running. Never happened prior to my 970.

Disable any overlays(in-game overlays, mumble overlay, fps counters, osd stats, etc) that you might have and try disabling the NVIDIA HD Audio Driver / device. Update your chipset audio driver from the chipset manufacturers site, not your mobo manufacturers site (potentially outdated)

970 here with no problems in BF4. I run mixed settings (mostly low on things like shadows, vegetation, and AA) to stay above 120fps

I didn't realize i had asus ai suite running in the background. i got rid of it and it's smooth now. any of you using ai suite?

Back