Anybody getting 5.1 surround sound from Windows 10?

Enhanced Interrogator

[H]ard|Gawd
About to upgrade to 10, but I see reports of people with Realtek audio not getting surround. Can anybody here (realtek or not) confirm whether they can get 5.1 sound from their Windows 10 PC? I have a Creative card I can throw in if my on-board doesn't work, so I just want to make sure this problem isn't widespread.

I had a problem with this with some of the pre-release versions of Windows 10, but the final is working properly. I have an ALC892 and 5.1 system.

Running 7.1 analogue out on ALC1150. I only experienced one minor issue, I had to unplug both my rear and side speakers and swap plugs. I must of reassigned them in 8.1 but it wouldn't let me assign them (in the control panel) in 10 so I had to physically swap them.

Other than that, sound is just fine and I hear all 7 channels when I game (or 5 in the games that only support 5.1).

I had a problem with my logitech (900 something or other) webcam plugged in - but as soon as I unplugged the webcam - the audio worked perfectly. At first I fiddled with the audio settings (the mike / speakers to go where they should as default, instead of going to the webcam) but apparently the software settings just wouldn't stick. In the end it was easier to unplug the usb for the webcam. Luckily I don't use it that often so it wasn't a big deal. /shrug they'll fix it one of these days, I'm sure.

Back