Anybody get KB2882822?

ep0x73

2[H]4U
Only showed up on one W7 machine.

Update adds ITraceRelogger interface support to Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1, Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Labeled as important but I don't see what application most people would have with this.

The KB does not even mention trendmicro, just your typical cryptic MS.
I had to dig around myself to find it.
I don't have trendmicro and have no idea why after more then a year it decides to show up now.

The KB does not even mention trendmicro, just your typical cryptic MS.
lol, re-read the post. I wrote about the potential problem:

(related to AV data loss prevention, not just trend micro)

A DLP agent is used by several different AV packages. I linked the page because it explains the symptoms of the problem and links to the MS hotfix which corrects if it applies. I posted that because it's such an old update. If it had been uninstalled before due to the problem, I posted a link on how to correct it.

What I mean is the KB from MS does not mention anything about AV.

This article describes an update that adds ITraceRelogger interface support to Windows Embedded Standard 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1). The iTraceRelogger interface is a dependency for certain features to work (for example, the UI Responsiveness tool in Internet Explorer 11 F12 tools). After the update is installed, the application that is dependent on the iTraceRelogger interface can now enable certain features that runs in Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1, Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

I have no problems, no msconfig issues so apparently if it's not broke.....

What I mean is the KB from MS does not mention anything about AV.
You're missing the point and/or not reading the posts I made. It's ridiculously simple

tl;dr:
1. KB2882822 is an old update from 2014

2. Applying the KB2882822 update can cause problems when an AV DLP agent is used

3. The symptoms of the problem described on the trendmicro page can show whether or not a hotfix to address that issue is needed

4. Since KB2882822 was not installed on that system, there's a possibility it was removed due to problems

5. Are you serious, or just trolling?

I did read the post you made. I question why this KB showed up now when I don't or have never used trendmicro.
I also question why it only showed up on one out of three computers with windows 7.

I hide it since it does not seem to pertain to me and I am not having issues so no sense in inducing one.

Just for the records all three are using Avast, no idea if it uses a DLP agent.

Back